View Single Post
Old 11-21-2002, 03:33 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Disgustipated Live ?

I wasn't at any of those shows, but I did download a live version of Disgustipated a whiles back. It was labeled 'London 7.24.94', and sure enough, when I went to that webpage you mentioned (which is a good page, from what I saw at first glance) they had listed a performance of Disgustipated in London on that very date.
So I suppose the file I have is a genuine recording, is what I'm getting at... In any case, here's what it sounds like:
The first half consists of Adam's standard guitar effects for when he wants to (and does) create creepy noises -the feedback, the wining, the sliding crunchy sounds, the whole bit. At the same time, Danny is playing what sounds like the drumming heard in the beginning of Third Eye (from like 1:00 to 2:10)... Come to think of it, upon a second listen the guitar effects are fairly similar, too. A thought -- perhaps this was the inspiration or a dry run for the intro to Third Eye? Just a thought. If anyone else has this file, try comparing them, and post what you think. I'd be interested in reading other people's opinions.
Also, in the first half we hear Maynard shouting some things, fairly inaudibly and with a great deal of echo... I could make out phrases like "...cannot judge you" and "...no one can touch him." This whole first half doesn't really sound like the album version at all.
Finally, about halfway through, Maynard finally starts repeating "This is necessary... This is necessary... Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life..." The guitars have the same effects as in the first half, except this time Adam's just going nuts with it. And the drums sound even more like those in Third Eye...
In conclusion, it sounds very much unlike the album version. It's more of a creepy and angry jam than anything.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote