View Single Post
Old 05-12-2003, 10:33 AM   #37
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
I for one think we have taken this train of thought about as far as it can go, notwithstanding your latest contributions, which were quite fascinating. Actually, I like Rico's thought because it adds a new dimension. Losing the ego (or recognizing how you fit into a personality type) can indeed lead to personal transformation and interpersonal connection.

Along those lines... Tant, I am so glad you found within my concise statements some kernels to riff with. You've gone all out, man! Reconciling duality is to me not the same as we are all one mind, but important nonetheless. In terms of gender, I feel an androgynous human being who has both masculine and feminine elements is a more well-rounded person rather than a "typical" man (macho, all rational, linear, etc.) or "typical" woman (preening, all emotional, vacillating, etc.). I do think these ideas apply more to a song like "Schism": the image of the tidal forces kneading a permeable boundary is a good one. I don't like the event horizon one, though, because that is an impermeable border: cross that and the inexorable force within will destroy all matter and never let any energy escape.

Para, I thought you were named after the flux capacitor after it was paralyzed in 1955 Back to the Future :-) Evolution takes ages, and it is a process that occurs naturally, although humans seek to hijack the process through development of AI, nanotechnology and cloning, all of which I am very skeptical about, because I don't think humans are mature enough to tamper with these things. The idea that we can control (i.e. direct) the next step of our evolutionary development while we lack the understanding to control (i.e. morally regulate) ourselves during THIS phase is ludicrous. Now I am getting off on a tangent. But this has been very interesting, folks!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote