View Single Post
Old 05-09-2003, 01:27 PM   #34
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 64
Quote:
Originally posted by Metalanarchist
But I am not willing to speculate that any post-life energy form we take (individually, if that can even still apply, and collectively) will consist of a "one mind" state.
Please, let's speculate. That's why we're all here and slapping the keys to put thoughts to bits. I'm willing to concede that there is no right or wrong answers. With what I've read so far from these posts, even if I don't whole heartedly agree, I at least have something to chew on for the time being = ) Stimulating our thinking by appealing or unappealing ideas is bound to give us something, if not nothing. We have nothing to lose.

Quote:
I am willing to speculate about it, but not stake my own personal belief system on it.
I wouldn't stake my own personal belief system on any of this, either. I change my mind way too much and have been proven wrong way too much to think that I'd set any of my ramblings in stone.

Quote:
Energy itself is not conscious, as far as we know. This is my understanding of what paraflux and eslup are discussing, I think, about the next plane of existence and such.
No, I don't believe that energy in and of itself is 'conscious'. I think this is where I tend to hit that brick wall. I can start out with the most far flung ideas and generalities but every time that I try to break it down to any basic component it all unravels and I'm left holding air. To some degree, I'm almost thinking that this is the way it's supposed to be. There are no answers that can encompasses the questions we ask. If there was, in my own illogical way, I think we would, or at least I would, simply cease to exist...because in knowing the answer and in knowing that there is some 'end' to this all, the meaning of existence, the journey we take perhaps loses its urgency and with no adversity to battle, there is nothing left to do. I'm not 100% on that statement, it's just a feeling I've been toying with, recently.

Boy, the measures we take to convince ourselves that life must go on....

One prevalent concept in Keenan's lyrics that I relate to is that of duality. Of one-sidedness and realizing that there seems to be some sort of imbalance. the imagery this provokes is found in so much of our recorded history and is addressed and affects each and every conscious individual. The sun...the moon...man...woman..love...hate...spin the wheel and pick your duality...

After realizing that such a duality might exist in our lives and is a focal point for our suggested 'imbalance' The next step, it would seem, would be to reconcile this. To bring the two back together. In our every day lives we do this... we make concessions and diplomacy to bring about an amicable conclusion. This does not mean that the concessions are 50/50. Depending on who you are and how you approach life, this could very easily be 20/80 or whatever.

My mention of 'as below, so above' earlier, by my interpretation, is that if we are able to study ourselves and know ourselves and why we do what we do, than this understanding of our functionality also applies to the world outside of our perception or perhaps that world past our physical form. The concept also works vice versa. If we can look at the world 'out there' and understand the cycles of the seasons, life and death, how animals interact in the pecking order, etc... than we could apply that towards our own mental faculties and perceptions.

Pushit and Schism, in terms of relationships, takes the discordant concept of duality (again, the way I interpret these songs) of separate entities and addresses the constant battles we have of trying to understand each other...of learning not to push each other away but to put aside our fears and 'baggage' in order to come together...to bring that duality back into a unified 'one'. It's a tug of war that we've all felt and the almighty ego seems to always be right there in the middle.

In an attempt to try and bring all this rambling back to the point of 'one mind' I'm pointing out the dualities and the attempt to bring them together. Forgive me as I go off on another hair-brained tangent...

I'll guess that we've all probably entertained the concept of a black hole and the term 'event horizon'...that point on the edge of the black hole where everything meets and clashes. Or perhaps take the idea of a beach where the tide pushes the waves inwards and then recedes...that point where the incoming waves meet the receding waves...that point of chaos where it becomes hard to define what's coming and what's going....

Take that concept and apply it to my original babble about everything being energy and our group consciousness being defined by a common wavelength where individual consciousness is defined with some variance towards some "median".

Could it be that this 'one mind' is what results after the two extremes are marshaled back into the 'one'. Or, using the beach as an example, could that 'one mind' be the ocean itself after the waves have receded? Could our 'moment' in life be just that 'event horizon'...that maelstrom and confusion?

Stretching the implausibility (I know, I know, even I'm rolling my eyes at this point) can we suggest that the 'one mind' is this ocean of energy contained by our planet? Taking that other old adage of "a drop of water into the ocean and the ocean into a drop of water" perhaps we can say that this 'ocean' of energy on our planet is really...just a drop of water in a larger ocean?

Plummeting the concept downwards towards our individual concicousness, then, might not we each be that drop of energy (damn that was rather Yoda) in the planet's ocean of energy?

So perhaps, on some microscopic level of our existence, we share that one mind BUT it's not an attainable reality within our current perception. For those acid users...liken it to that in-between time between initially ingesting the acid...the scattered questions of "Do you feel it?" along the way, and finally, when you're within full thrall and near the frenzied peak of the ride you realized...as an after-thought, that you are not just 'starting to feel' it but have been feeling it for quite some time. All you can do is laugh at that point.

Quote:
Nor do these ideas apply to this life now, as far as I can see. But I'm just checking in with my latest humble concerns on the subject. Thanks.
With the last bits of my rambling above it seems like I'm just confirming your last statement. These ideas can only be speculated about in this life. We honestly don't know what it's like 'past' this life. It hasn't occurred. Everything is a soup of probabilities until that moment occurs.

My apologies for a less than coherent writing, today. I'm working from a different office and trying to put these thoughts down in-between fighting various fires. Again, the whole concept of tying dualities and 'one' together with an 'energy event horizon' is really radical even in my own thoughts. I'll be pursuing it until I'm fairly certain that the dead-end I've hit has levelled my cranium and left bits of red-brick embedded in between my scalps follacles.

I look forward to seeing these discussions progress.

-Tant

EDITED:

So as an afterthought there I am standing outside puffing away and spinning my yo-yo madly up and down I drew another connection regarding my spouted 'even horizon' concept.... Somewhere on these forums someone had posted a link to a picture that depicts a 'schism'. The definition which I haven't bothered reading up on using Merriam-Webster's site, yet. I'll do that after this last thought....

Wouldn't that event horizon correlate with the definition of a 'schism'?

Last edited by Tantobourne; 05-09-2003 at 01:43 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote