Old 05-08-2003, 10:54 AM   #30
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 64
We are all one mind

the one mind theory 1:57PM
28/413

Quote:
Originally posted by paraflux
You can think that we need to fix things here on this plane to move on, and thats fine and maybe even honorable, but I will still disagree there.
To 'fix things here' in my pursuit doesn't put first and foremost 'humanity'. I am no 'Jesus Christ' as touted by the mainstream followers. Meaning that any 'crusade' to change is only within myself.

It's a somewhat frustrating concept to hold onto when you've sired children into this world. Helping others is secondary, and hopefully, a by-product of me helping myself, first and foremost.

Using 'tool' as the concept, we must hone ourselves and our abilities before we can be effective to others. Referencing Buddhism's ten-fold path, the one thing that I try to strive for is to 'live what you believe'. In doing so, you live by your example. As a parent, I can only hope that this example is adequate enough that my child can constructively build from it.

Quote:
Everything is being destroyed, everything no longer makes sense.
Really, did it ever? Is it the world around you that's being destroyed and not making sense or is it your perception of the world? It's a question that I ask myself at times...me with my tendency to want to 'doom-say' whenever something transpires out there in the big, big world.

I believe that Nature can take care of herself. There's nothing we, as humanity, can do, that the greater cycle of things cannot overcome and restore back to equillibrium.

Quote:
But my focus is on what lies ahead, not what lies around me in ruins now
I've felt that there's some sense in the old adage that "one must know where they came from in order to know where they are going". We all reflect on moments in our past...on how we might have done them differently. Perhaps we tell ourselves that we "won't make that mistake, again." If we each are not willing to reflect on what has passed how will we know what decisions to make or not make as we move forward?

Quote:
I am not in fantasy-land, I am still here, but my goal is to escape "Hell" and enter "Heaven."
We are all in a fantasy-land, come on, let's not try and deny it. Each and every one of us is encapsulated in our own thoughts and opinions. What is 'reality' to one person sure as heck isn't to another. Let's take relationships for example...no...let's not...

As far as escaping hell and entering heaven...well, I think you're in the middle of it...this is hell and this is heaven. Make of it what you will with the time you've got. If we feel the need to gravitate towards one extreme or the other, that is a choice that we've always had. Those chains that bind us and hold us back are merely are of our own construct.

I for one want to enter "Heaven" but doing it without bringing the ones I love with me would sure make it an empty and lonely place, otherwise. Honorable? Sure, I suppose you could say that. There's no joy in exhulting in attainment unless there are others to share it with. Otherwise I'd imagine it's like screaming into a big black void where nothing returns, somewhat bittersweet. It's a taste I've experienced before.

Thanks for the conversation....all this outlet is cathartic for me. Try talking to a 6 year old kid about this stuff and imagine the confused look on their face when you finally take a breath = )

-Tant

Last edited by Tantobourne; 05-08-2003 at 11:01 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote