View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 07:42 AM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
paraflux: "I would be careful saying that your thoughts and actions are only known to you. By astrally projecting, some people can travel anywhere instantly, and observe this dimension without being seen from the overtone directly above ours. What I mean by overtone is this. Most people awakening are coming to terms with raising their frequency of their energy, whether they call it that, or realize it, or not. By raising our frequency we can shift dimensions… (etc.)"

Talk of astral projection, different dimensions, "overtone" and such as if they are actual fact that any can experience —_apparently only by going through the same process of brainwashing that led you to believe in them —_is simply not helpful to this discussion! "The goal is to leave this plane, this mundane reality people try to force on me and everyone else." Really? Who told you so? How do you know there are other planes? Maybe faith enters this somewhere? I think so. Please separate faith-based "knowledge" from reason-based knowledge.

Anyway, MY goal is not to "leave this plane." My goal is to make life for myself and other people as good as possible on THIS plane. Does that make me unenlightened by your standards? By mine, I feel it's sad you seem to have given up on the reality of the one life you were given to live and invented another reality to inhabit. It's like people who can't stop reading fantasy novels, in my opinion. There's a lot of people in this world who are in all kinds of desperate pain and unjust situations —_but you're off traveling the astral planes. Hidey-ho!

eslupminoyler: "To say for a fact that humans are all separate in consciousness because you have yet to feel that which makes us one is the classic definition of ignorance."

Certainly not! You just used a bad metaphor to try to assert your point of view, and I deconstructed it. The burden of proof is on YOU to demonstrate how there IS one mind — not on me to disprove it.

If I am "ignorant" of this one mind, all I have been asking for all along is some rational, COGENT presentation of what that means, and you two have simply failed to provide it. You buy into your theories (developed on your own or through spiritual gurus), and have no idea that other consciousnesses outside your own find them perplexing!

You two can believe whatever you want. Billions on the planet have all sorts of absurd beliefs. People were certain the earth was flat and the center of the universe, too. Just because you "feel" something may make it "real" to you, but I certainly don't have to accept it as true. And that does NOT make me ignorant. What is the nature of reality — what you and other "astral travelers" say it is, for instance, or what can be determined by any consciousness, including non-astral travelers like me, through a common process of experience that is somewhat more objective?

Like I said, I am willing to entertain any idea, any belief — if some proof is offered, not just spouting off.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote