View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 11:38 AM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
I don't feel like anyone really answered well my question posted above in this thread... there were some attempts but I don't feel like the call was answered. I'll leave it at that.

herarety: You think the all one mind state exists on a higher plane which perhaps is accessible through drugs. I think this is fantasy. If YOU take drugs, they produce biochemical changes in YOUR brain. If another does the same, have you both suddenly forged for a moment onto a higher plane... or are you simply both on drugs, sharing a similar high that permits the illusion of sharing one mind?

Ejecta48: I also find the similarities between electrons orbiting atoms and planets orbiting the sun interesting. But what have they to do with a supposed one consciousness? Besides, they are superficial similarities. Do planets jump out of their orbits or even leave their solar systems altogether, as electrons do?

Yiakovos, you sort of restated one of my points and thanks for that, but maybe didn't really add anything to the discussion.

moonburn, it seems to me you are disputing what Maynard seems to be saying in the song about us being all one mind... I agree that a person's uniqueness will not allow him or her to be broken down in any way that would retain that person's identity.

Replaced zuzu: your idea is a romantic one, that we all start out with the same mind. It's not really supportable. I can only agree that yes, our bodies do irrevocably color our consciousness.

eslupminoyler: Humans are NOT "just like the dying or dead red blood cells"! When 30 percent of Europe died during the Black Plague, did all of humanity perish? You better believe one human body would die if it lost 30 percent of it's red blood cells or one major organ failed... but other humans are separate! And so is our consciousness.

paraflux: I think you are inhabiting some kind of alternate reality. I wish you would check back in to the planet upon which the rest of us reside.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote