View Single Post
Old 12-05-2002, 07:32 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
skinny puppy

i didn't read all of the second page, but to give you more information about skinny puppy:

the SP songs played between sets are "death" and "cellar heat" ... yes, download is also played (another cEvin key project) as well as one song by ohGr (ogre's new band) ... both puppy songs are from the album _the process_

the process was not simply what they had at the time ... when dwayne died, cEvin decided to finish mastering the album in his honor. it took him a few days. so the album was almost done anyway.

in 1996, they released a 2 disc set called brap... one disc was a lot of early recordings (unreleased studio and live) ... the other disc was later demo versions and live versions, and is pretty hard to listen to in my opinion (and i have all the skinny puppy cds that i am aware of)

beyond the process being on danny's shortlist of favorite albums, cEvin key is listed as one of his most respected percussionists (on toolarmy)

i recommend everyone check out skinny puppy. over the years their sound changed a lot, so odds are you'll fall in love with at least one of their albums. they're one of those bands that you can't really understand until you've heard everything they've done, from the beginning to the end.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote