View Single Post
Old 03-08-2003, 01:20 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
When I hear that line, thought what you say is quite possibly, I find myself with a different theory. As it can be seen, Society is the closest thing to omnipotence within our reality. No one has control over society, yet we all have full control. It is a constant hypocricy and contradiction that forces us to be subdued by it. We were cloths, we (some, not including I) fear the opinions of others about ourselves. Society chooses what clothes to wear, what car to get, and even what condoms we use. We are all apart of the same combined conciousness of Society.

I'm sure I didn't explain 10% of what I think and feel towards that one line, and at times is frustrates me. I wish I could throughly explain exactly what it is I think at this moment, though it is 4:17am, and my mind is not as clear as it should.

Another idea that has crossed by analytical mind is the theory presented by Scott Adams in his book "God's Debris: A Thought Experiment." I'll attempt to make a short synopsis of the theory. As an omnipotent force, you have no emtions and you have no challenges (this should be obvious.) The one challenge an omnipotent being would be self destruction. The theory presented in the book is that God destroyed himself (The Big Bang, prehaps?) and we are God's debris. And, due to that, we are slowly rebuilding ourselves into God. We are constantly connecting each other. Human minds connecting to others as the nerve system in the body connects all parts of the body. First we created the highway, phone, etc to keep us all within more contact with other parts of humanity. But in the past 20 years, the internet has taken spawn. As Adam's explains, this need to connect everything is a natural drive, a natural drive to rebuild. If we all truely are part of one omnipotent being, we are but one mind, one conciousness.

I do not believe in Adam's theory, for I see flaws, but it is very intresting and rather new nonetheless.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote