View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 07:33 AM   #71
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 28
Re: 2006/09/30 - Washington D.C. - Verizon Arena

Great show...section 101 had a clear shot at the whole band. Sounded great from where I was. From what I could see all night, security weren't being nazis at all, they just let everyone jam down uninterrupted. This is the 2nd time I've seen Tool this year (1st one was the 5/20 NYC show) and security was cool there as well. Glad we lucked out. Stinkfist was a fuckin sweet opener, especially just jumping right into it without the intro. Schism on crack was fun as shit...even though I'd already heard it once, I'd forgotten how crazy it was.
I'm not going to try to relate any highlights, because I don't think it ever let up once it started, so, to me, if I point one thing out I liked "the most" then I'd have to mention about 50 other things.
The LASERS were an awesome touch, I didn't quite understand what people meant by lasers "making the smoke look like clouds"...shit, I do now. B a d a s s.
As far as the performance, it was better than I hoped it would be. They were all on point. Adam was great as always, and I didn't feel like Maynard was backing off at all like someone else said. He was going headfirst into all the damn notes. Justin was pulling the rest of the band along behind him, just in his own world driving most of the songs. Danny...shit dude, I'm so damn glad someone decided to hand him a drumstick one day.
Anyway, no complaints, 3rd tool show was (barely) my favorite one so far.
OFFLINE |