View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 04:20 PM   #141
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 58
Re: 2006/09/19 - Madison, WI - Kohl Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phosphor10 View Post
I too had tickets to go see Tool in Madison, and when they canceled I was devastated. I admit, it is hard not to project that anger towards Tool themselves because of the conditions surrounding the cancellation—i.e. Tool played in Chicago the night before, they rescheduled the other canceled show and not Madison’s, and they are apparently playing tonight (21st). But I must try to give them the benefit of the doubt. What would help is if they would post a band letter explaining the situation in full, giving Wisconsin Tool fans a little bit of hope in seeing them again. It’s very hard to have any closure since they disseminated an ambiguous cancellation notice via radio hosts. A comprehensive explanation is all most of us want, and it would dispel all of the rumors and speculation floating around. Please come back to Wisconsin Tool. Maybe try playing in Milwaukee next time, more people will come.
I have to agree. A letter explaining the situation would be nice, and would end the speculation as to whether or not the lack of rescheduling was due to poor ticket sales, or other aspects outside of their control.

I also agree that Tool should make a tour stop in Milwaukee. Better venues, less hippies. Closer to Chicago.