View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 11:20 PM   #132
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/19 - Madison, WI - Kohl Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbrey1515 View Post
how was this way beyond their control? maynard is no more sick than he was last night in chitown... the reason they cancelled this show was due to poor ticket sales... which would have been fixed had they not announced this date halfway through the tour....
and i dont give a shit they cancelled in madison...... im just pissed cuz i woulda seen them in minneappolis had this garbage never gone down
And are you Maynard's personal doctor? Were you there with him on the 18th/19th? Do you know what he was sick with? Please, share with us your amazing powers of astral projection. The government has been trying to figure that shit out for half a century now.

Nonetheless, tickets sales and promotion are beyond the band's control. As I said before, there's a lot of players that go on into making a show. It's not just the band, security, fans and managers. Promotion is supposed to be guarenteed by the purchaser of said show - it's their responsibility to get the word out and get the sales up. If they can't do that within a satisfactory amount of time or to a good enough point where it'll cover at least most of the costs, then the show is cancelled, moved or post-poned.

The band themselves don't do the booking - that's management's job. Bitch at them. It could've also been the venue's fault for getting back to them so late in time.
OFFLINE |