View Single Post
walkerw8
07-13-2006, 07:40 PM

Oh. silly me. Well, I think that we've all learned that it's rather quite difficult to really get what some one means, a lot of times by reading words on message boards. You were talking about musically, and I was more looking at it lyrically. See what I mean. It's Tool, and with thie band we CAN have our cake and eat it too, so put that in youe pipe and smoke it. ;)

This is not directed at you Fredy Brown, but when I hear about interviews from Maynard saying he was "expressing disgust and disappointment that people haven't understood Tool's message or at least haven't done anything about it." And then I come here, a haven of TooL fans and see all the name calling and F-this and F-that, and a certain hostile tendency to blow off other people's opinions....I can't say that I disagree with Maynard in that regard. If TooL fans specifically don't get it, and we hear the message...

Last edited by walkerw8; 07-13-2006 at 07:42 PM..
Old 07-13-2006, 07:40 PM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: The point of this album

Oh. silly me. Well, I think that we've all learned that it's rather quite difficult to really get what some one means, a lot of times by reading words on message boards. You were talking about musically, and I was more looking at it lyrically. See what I mean. It's Tool, and with thie band we CAN have our cake and eat it too, so put that in youe pipe and smoke it. ;)

This is not directed at you Fredy Brown, but when I hear about interviews from Maynard saying he was "expressing disgust and disappointment that people haven't understood Tool's message or at least haven't done anything about it." And then I come here, a haven of TooL fans and see all the name calling and F-this and F-that, and a certain hostile tendency to blow off other people's opinions....I can't say that I disagree with Maynard in that regard. If TooL fans specifically don't get it, and we hear the message...

Last edited by walkerw8; 07-13-2006 at 07:42 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote