View Single Post
erazorhead's Avatar erazorhead
07-13-2006, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasha
They have said this throughout their career. They have always stressed that point.
this made me laugh.

imo...

aenema was about the purging of mind, body and world. lateralus depicted the spiritual conquest achievable by the human unshackled from social games and values.

10k is the re-integration, a return to a previous form, with the protaganist clutching at vanishing feelings of extacy and enlightenment. spiritual concepts remain but must be re-interprited in a more mundane way in order to co-exist with everyday physical reality. Feelings and emotions become more poignant, and one becomes aware of themselves, beginning to nurture their ego's despite what past experience has taught them. 10k is the come-down
Old 07-13-2006, 04:37 AM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 35
Re: The point of this album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasha
They have said this throughout their career. They have always stressed that point.
this made me laugh.

imo...

aenema was about the purging of mind, body and world. lateralus depicted the spiritual conquest achievable by the human unshackled from social games and values.

10k is the re-integration, a return to a previous form, with the protaganist clutching at vanishing feelings of extacy and enlightenment. spiritual concepts remain but must be re-interprited in a more mundane way in order to co-exist with everyday physical reality. Feelings and emotions become more poignant, and one becomes aware of themselves, beginning to nurture their ego's despite what past experience has taught them. 10k is the come-down