View Single Post
girlsrock2
06-23-2007, 02:08 AM

I've gone to two in Chicago and none of them were even relatively similar to what I saw last night. If you think it was a “great show” you obviously don’t have much to compare it to. I was hesitant to go to Peoria because it's such a different atmosphere from what I'm used to. I was to the left of the stage Sec 2 Row 10 and I could see Maynard's anger rising I think. He was pisssssed I've always heard about him getting angry about people fucking with his stage and walking off or something of that sort and am sad that I had to experience it because as a real Tool fan you know to respect them and just enjoy the music. I was praying for Pushit but didn't get my wish. Sorta knew that was coming after some idiot threw something? on stage. A note maybe? Everyone says cd and I didn't see that. Clearly a great representation of what Peoria consists of. You could feel the excitement draining out of them as soon as this happened. I heard him say something like I can sing if you'd like and then stopped. He started with a Hello and was dancing and having fun like normal up until someone threw shit on stage. And if I had to hear Maynnnard come out you little [insert clever trash talk here] one more time I would have started round housing my entire section. I hope all the people that are sitting at home thinking how shitty the concert was realize what they really missed out on, because half of them were waiting for The Pot to play, funny that that’s the only Tool song they know. (Had one of those sitting next to me and about lost it) Peoria is full of people who say they like Tool but really have no idea what’s behind it. Nothing against the real fans, but come on why else would the show have gone the way it did? Adam seemed into it he always just stands and plays, the entire show made me nervous that Maynard was going to walk off. Every time he walked backstage I held my breath for him to come back. I highly doubt he left Peoria that night thinking a single pleasant thought about the place. Serves the crowd right for being idiots. I could have stayed home and listened to my cd's. Had to give it a chance tho, 46 and 2 & Wings/10,000Days was worth it. I agree with the previous posts about how no one understood how great of a song(s) it is. Slow or not it rocks. And seeing Maynard gyrate in person will never get old. Usually Maynard’s vocals sound exactly as they do on the albums but that wasn’t the case this time. I wondered if they were trying to play too loud on purpose just to wave the finger at the crowd. For once Maynard wasn't the main attraction at the concert, Danny's energy and enthusiasm was my highlight. Justin astounds me every time I see him. I want to know who threw shit up there and who thought it'd be a great idea to continue taking pictures after he politely asked them not to & ask for my money back, then go fight club on their ass. The guys aren't snobs (as I also heard this) they just want respect and Peoria did NOT deliver that. The only thing to compare the show to is having sex without an orgasm. It was good but nothing to what you'd normally see out of those guys. They mesh so amazingly well together and it's sad that a portion of people there were utterly toooo drunk/ignorant/horny to realize that
Old 06-23-2007, 02:08 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/20 - Peoria, IL - Peoria Civic Center

I've gone to two in Chicago and none of them were even relatively similar to what I saw last night. If you think it was a “great show” you obviously don’t have much to compare it to. I was hesitant to go to Peoria because it's such a different atmosphere from what I'm used to. I was to the left of the stage Sec 2 Row 10 and I could see Maynard's anger rising I think. He was pisssssed I've always heard about him getting angry about people fucking with his stage and walking off or something of that sort and am sad that I had to experience it because as a real Tool fan you know to respect them and just enjoy the music. I was praying for Pushit but didn't get my wish. Sorta knew that was coming after some idiot threw something? on stage. A note maybe? Everyone says cd and I didn't see that. Clearly a great representation of what Peoria consists of. You could feel the excitement draining out of them as soon as this happened. I heard him say something like I can sing if you'd like and then stopped. He started with a Hello and was dancing and having fun like normal up until someone threw shit on stage. And if I had to hear Maynnnard come out you little [insert clever trash talk here] one more time I would have started round housing my entire section. I hope all the people that are sitting at home thinking how shitty the concert was realize what they really missed out on, because half of them were waiting for The Pot to play, funny that that’s the only Tool song they know. (Had one of those sitting next to me and about lost it) Peoria is full of people who say they like Tool but really have no idea what’s behind it. Nothing against the real fans, but come on why else would the show have gone the way it did? Adam seemed into it he always just stands and plays, the entire show made me nervous that Maynard was going to walk off. Every time he walked backstage I held my breath for him to come back. I highly doubt he left Peoria that night thinking a single pleasant thought about the place. Serves the crowd right for being idiots. I could have stayed home and listened to my cd's. Had to give it a chance tho, 46 and 2 & Wings/10,000Days was worth it. I agree with the previous posts about how no one understood how great of a song(s) it is. Slow or not it rocks. And seeing Maynard gyrate in person will never get old. Usually Maynard’s vocals sound exactly as they do on the albums but that wasn’t the case this time. I wondered if they were trying to play too loud on purpose just to wave the finger at the crowd. For once Maynard wasn't the main attraction at the concert, Danny's energy and enthusiasm was my highlight. Justin astounds me every time I see him. I want to know who threw shit up there and who thought it'd be a great idea to continue taking pictures after he politely asked them not to & ask for my money back, then go fight club on their ass. The guys aren't snobs (as I also heard this) they just want respect and Peoria did NOT deliver that. The only thing to compare the show to is having sex without an orgasm. It was good but nothing to what you'd normally see out of those guys. They mesh so amazingly well together and it's sad that a portion of people there were utterly toooo drunk/ignorant/horny to realize that
OFFLINE |