View Single Post
wingsdjy
06-21-2007, 05:14 AM

First Tool show for me. All around a cool experience, but the setlist was lacking. Nothing from Opiate or Undertow?

During Stinkfist, someone threw something on stage. Maybe a CD. Pissed Maynard off and threw the mood for the whole night. Couldn't quite tell what he said (his mic was low all night), but it sounded like "Do you want me to look at this or sing? Cause I thought you'd want me to sing?". Thankfully, he still sang most of the remaining songs.

The first half was definitely better than the second with Jambi and Stinkfist. It seemed like the stands emptied out during Lost Keys for beer runs. Wings/10,000 Days would've been cool (I love the CD versions), but I couldn't hear anything Maynard was singing during the songs. Maybe it's the crappy acoustics, or maybe he wasn't feeling well so his mic wasn't up all the way. But without the lyrics, those songs become 20+ minutes of the same instrumental.

Lateralus was pretty good, but the part with Melt Banana dragged. I don't need a 10 minute drum off when we all know Danny can easily win. They could've slipped in another song instead (Pushit or The Pot anyone?). Too bad they didn't throw in Aenema for an encore.

All in all, it was a good first show. Excellent visuals and some rocking tunes. It just ended way too soon...
Old 06-21-2007, 05:14 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/20 - Peoria, IL - Peoria Civic Center

First Tool show for me. All around a cool experience, but the setlist was lacking. Nothing from Opiate or Undertow?

During Stinkfist, someone threw something on stage. Maybe a CD. Pissed Maynard off and threw the mood for the whole night. Couldn't quite tell what he said (his mic was low all night), but it sounded like "Do you want me to look at this or sing? Cause I thought you'd want me to sing?". Thankfully, he still sang most of the remaining songs.

The first half was definitely better than the second with Jambi and Stinkfist. It seemed like the stands emptied out during Lost Keys for beer runs. Wings/10,000 Days would've been cool (I love the CD versions), but I couldn't hear anything Maynard was singing during the songs. Maybe it's the crappy acoustics, or maybe he wasn't feeling well so his mic wasn't up all the way. But without the lyrics, those songs become 20+ minutes of the same instrumental.

Lateralus was pretty good, but the part with Melt Banana dragged. I don't need a 10 minute drum off when we all know Danny can easily win. They could've slipped in another song instead (Pushit or The Pot anyone?). Too bad they didn't throw in Aenema for an encore.

All in all, it was a good first show. Excellent visuals and some rocking tunes. It just ended way too soon...
OFFLINE |