View Single Post
Chai_nese
08-31-2006, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Sex View Post
I'd say someone who actually goes out and buys the bands albums are fans. I see plenty of people where I live who know about Tool only from the songs played on the radio. Fans? I think not.

Yeah I see what you mean. If they haven't ever really listened to a Tool song and instead claim that they 'know' the songs (after just hearing them once or twice on the radio) then they - as oppose to people who have spent a little more time listening to the music might not appreciate it as much.

But then it doesn't mean the music didn't hit them as hard as those who have the albums.

To me I think being a 'fan' is over rated. What matters is what you get out of the music - not what you know about the band's history or how many times you've seen them live.
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=79756
Old 08-31-2006, 01:28 PM   #73
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Sex View Post
I'd say someone who actually goes out and buys the bands albums are fans. I see plenty of people where I live who know about Tool only from the songs played on the radio. Fans? I think not.

Yeah I see what you mean. If they haven't ever really listened to a Tool song and instead claim that they 'know' the songs (after just hearing them once or twice on the radio) then they - as oppose to people who have spent a little more time listening to the music might not appreciate it as much.

But then it doesn't mean the music didn't hit them as hard as those who have the albums.

To me I think being a 'fan' is over rated. What matters is what you get out of the music - not what you know about the band's history or how many times you've seen them live.
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=79756
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote