Thread: Maynard
View Single Post
asdf25
07-21-2006, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeDeviations
When I say drug users, I'm not talking about the guy who smokes pot twice a month or gets liquored up going out with friends a few times a year. I'm talking about people who are addicted, and then make up some pretense like, "ohh, it allows me have a deep experiences with Lateralus" to justify their pathetic need.
To take "I had a deep experience with Lateralus on drugs" and get from that "I'm a pathetic drug-addicted moron" is exactly the kind of dumbass unwarranted stereotyping that's got everyone in this thread pissed off at you.

And the way you talk as if all drugs have more or less the same effect as doing 10 shots of vodka isn't helping either. I have a hard time seeing how you're the authority on whether any experience on any drug can be meaningful or worthwhile.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:47 AM   #276
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeDeviations
When I say drug users, I'm not talking about the guy who smokes pot twice a month or gets liquored up going out with friends a few times a year. I'm talking about people who are addicted, and then make up some pretense like, "ohh, it allows me have a deep experiences with Lateralus" to justify their pathetic need.
To take "I had a deep experience with Lateralus on drugs" and get from that "I'm a pathetic drug-addicted moron" is exactly the kind of dumbass unwarranted stereotyping that's got everyone in this thread pissed off at you.

And the way you talk as if all drugs have more or less the same effect as doing 10 shots of vodka isn't helping either. I have a hard time seeing how you're the authority on whether any experience on any drug can be meaningful or worthwhile.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote