Thread: Maynard
View Single Post
BlanketEffect's Avatar BlanketEffect
07-20-2006, 09:54 PM

Well-kudos-to-you...-you-can-yank-peoples-chains-and-cause-dissent-and-argument...---Im-sure-thats-what-Maynard-is-really-trying-to-promote.

The-point-many-were-trying-to-make---at-least-what-I-personally-was...-is-that-you-may-be-very-Maynard-savvy-but-in-the-end-your-guess-at-his-original-meaning-is-just-that---an-educated-guess.--So-unless-you-are-sucking-him-off-for-the-answers-Id-say-your-opinion-is-as-valid-as-any-other-literarily-inclined-poster-in-this-forum.-You-may-be-close----you-may-be-right---but-theres-no-more-proof-that-youre-right-than-any-other-well-thought-out-theory.

Just-because-some-people-come-up-with-ideas-and-yours-are-more-plausible-than-theirs-doesnt-mean-youre-right...it-just-means-youre-smarter-than-the-average-junkie-on-a-message-board....---now-thats-something-to-strive-for.

So-while-your-summations-are-good,-theyre-not-golden...-not-by-a-long-shot---just-like-your-assumption-that-because-I-had-a-deep-experience-with-Lateralus-while-on-DMT-I-am-therefore-a-junkie-or-habitual-drug-user...so-yet-another-example-of-an-educated-assumption-that-still-turns-out-to-be-wrong.

(My-apologies---my-space-bar-and-apostrophe-are-out-on-my-keyboard)

Self-affirming? Oxymoronic. We are all one mind
Old 07-20-2006, 09:54 PM   #268
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16
Re: Maynard

Well-kudos-to-you...-you-can-yank-peoples-chains-and-cause-dissent-and-argument...---Im-sure-thats-what-Maynard-is-really-trying-to-promote.

The-point-many-were-trying-to-make---at-least-what-I-personally-was...-is-that-you-may-be-very-Maynard-savvy-but-in-the-end-your-guess-at-his-original-meaning-is-just-that---an-educated-guess.--So-unless-you-are-sucking-him-off-for-the-answers-Id-say-your-opinion-is-as-valid-as-any-other-literarily-inclined-poster-in-this-forum.-You-may-be-close----you-may-be-right---but-theres-no-more-proof-that-youre-right-than-any-other-well-thought-out-theory.

Just-because-some-people-come-up-with-ideas-and-yours-are-more-plausible-than-theirs-doesnt-mean-youre-right...it-just-means-youre-smarter-than-the-average-junkie-on-a-message-board....---now-thats-something-to-strive-for.

So-while-your-summations-are-good,-theyre-not-golden...-not-by-a-long-shot---just-like-your-assumption-that-because-I-had-a-deep-experience-with-Lateralus-while-on-DMT-I-am-therefore-a-junkie-or-habitual-drug-user...so-yet-another-example-of-an-educated-assumption-that-still-turns-out-to-be-wrong.

(My-apologies---my-space-bar-and-apostrophe-are-out-on-my-keyboard)

Self-affirming? Oxymoronic. We are all one mind
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote