Thread: Maynard
View Single Post
Emericana's Avatar Emericana
07-20-2006, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeDeviations
Yeah, not bad... through all of that thick sarcasm.. what you say is pretty accurate.

Not all drug users are idiots... but most.

Not saying all people are totally clueless on here.. not saying all other opinions other than mine are just wrong or worthless...

there are some people with some neat interpretations... some actual legitimate possibilities. but if you're going to come on here and talk about how a song's meaning is about anal sex... or it's solely about some drug trip... or if ya don't trip, ya can't really appreciate the music... or, "wow, I see Tool in a whole different light now that I listened to Aenima on shrooms dude!"

You're damn right I am going to have a fuck off attitude.

and

If you mosh at a Tool show... I am going to think you're an idiot. That's just how it is.

Some people really have better ideas than others... some opinions are actually right.
sure, ya can get anal or PC and say.. "oh, it's all in the eye of the beholder" and blah blah.. and that's true to a degree.. you can personalize the song and tweak it to fit your own reality as long as you don't deviate far from the actual original meaning/intent of the song.

as far as what you said, "if anyone is equipped to give us the straight out of maynard's brain meaning and explanation it's definitely Three Deviations." I won't shy away from that either. Do it. Read em all. Then tell me what I said isn't credible. You'll actually be a lot more apt to consider what I say this song is saying to you..
Is everything exact in my threads or posts? No. But as far as the core meaning(s) of these songs... you're going to be very hard pressed to find someone who sheds light on the meaning/intent/general idea as well as I do. That's just how it is.. like it or not.

so blanket, you can get all cranky and make sarcastic posts if you'd like..
you can sit back and say how everything is nothing.. and nothing is everything.. and trip on your daily K. It's cool.

I am not getting caught up in all the peripheral bullshit anymore on here...

because most people don't get it and they never will --- regardless.

which just happens to be Rosetta Stoned's core meaning too...

Hi!

all drug users are idiots? ok you ignorant dipshit. hate to break it to ya... i use drugs. A LOT of drugs. get amazing grades at school and am working toward a degree in molecular biology.... so um go fuck yourself you moron. dont ever prejudge a group of people
Old 07-20-2006, 05:25 PM   #260
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7
Re: Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeDeviations
Yeah, not bad... through all of that thick sarcasm.. what you say is pretty accurate.

Not all drug users are idiots... but most.

Not saying all people are totally clueless on here.. not saying all other opinions other than mine are just wrong or worthless...

there are some people with some neat interpretations... some actual legitimate possibilities. but if you're going to come on here and talk about how a song's meaning is about anal sex... or it's solely about some drug trip... or if ya don't trip, ya can't really appreciate the music... or, "wow, I see Tool in a whole different light now that I listened to Aenima on shrooms dude!"

You're damn right I am going to have a fuck off attitude.

and

If you mosh at a Tool show... I am going to think you're an idiot. That's just how it is.

Some people really have better ideas than others... some opinions are actually right.
sure, ya can get anal or PC and say.. "oh, it's all in the eye of the beholder" and blah blah.. and that's true to a degree.. you can personalize the song and tweak it to fit your own reality as long as you don't deviate far from the actual original meaning/intent of the song.

as far as what you said, "if anyone is equipped to give us the straight out of maynard's brain meaning and explanation it's definitely Three Deviations." I won't shy away from that either. Do it. Read em all. Then tell me what I said isn't credible. You'll actually be a lot more apt to consider what I say this song is saying to you..
Is everything exact in my threads or posts? No. But as far as the core meaning(s) of these songs... you're going to be very hard pressed to find someone who sheds light on the meaning/intent/general idea as well as I do. That's just how it is.. like it or not.

so blanket, you can get all cranky and make sarcastic posts if you'd like..
you can sit back and say how everything is nothing.. and nothing is everything.. and trip on your daily K. It's cool.

I am not getting caught up in all the peripheral bullshit anymore on here...

because most people don't get it and they never will --- regardless.

which just happens to be Rosetta Stoned's core meaning too...

Hi!

all drug users are idiots? ok you ignorant dipshit. hate to break it to ya... i use drugs. A LOT of drugs. get amazing grades at school and am working toward a degree in molecular biology.... so um go fuck yourself you moron. dont ever prejudge a group of people
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote