Thread: Maynard
View Single Post
ThreeDeviations's Avatar ThreeDeviations
07-20-2006, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somniferous
alright, i like your hunger for tool...but i heard maynard himself say that his creativity is reactive, he does contribute to riff making and song structure, but the music usually comes first, and his lyrics are sparked from there.....im not saying this is how they do all their songs, but the weight is interactive...in my personal opinion, they all carry the same weight...i can though, however, see how people associate maynard with the main weight puller....you got to admit, the music is just as powerful as the lyrics

I certainly agree the music is as powerful as the lyrics... they both feed off one another so perfectly. That's what makes this band so special- that the music itself, is as profound as the message and how it's sung. But neither would be nearly as amazing without the other.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:13 PM   #258
On Probation

Bincount™: 0
Re: Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by somniferous
alright, i like your hunger for tool...but i heard maynard himself say that his creativity is reactive, he does contribute to riff making and song structure, but the music usually comes first, and his lyrics are sparked from there.....im not saying this is how they do all their songs, but the weight is interactive...in my personal opinion, they all carry the same weight...i can though, however, see how people associate maynard with the main weight puller....you got to admit, the music is just as powerful as the lyrics

I certainly agree the music is as powerful as the lyrics... they both feed off one another so perfectly. That's what makes this band so special- that the music itself, is as profound as the message and how it's sung. But neither would be nearly as amazing without the other.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote