Thread: Maynard
View Single Post
ThreeDeviations's Avatar ThreeDeviations
07-20-2006, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somniferous
threedeviations.....man look at your posts and tell me you dont look like a dick, i know you dont care and thats cool, but dude you should express your OPINIONS in a way where people can interact and gain perspective from the OPINION. I think you should google up some Tool interviews and watch how cool and free flowing these guys are. Your opinion dont mean shit to me but i will certainly read it, analyze it, and pick out what i can from it without telling you its wrong....how can you be so sure your INTERPRETATIONS are so damn accurate? There INTERPRETATIONS....jesus, come on now....Like someone else said on here earlier, its what you get from it, not about being right....I will agree with you on one thing though....I'm sure Maynard has emotions and specific ideas for which these songs are based on, but to only sit and study the words trying to gain his exact perspective is almost a waste....analyze all of it together....the lyrics are only 1/4 of whats happening during a song....see this is my OPINION, i think if you have an opinion and back it a little, than this forum shit is fun, guys like you make me not want to write anything....
I'm not on here to make friends.
I don't care if you or anyone else interacts or replied to the post. If you get offended or deny it, oh well. I'm only trying to help you realize what the fuck is going on.

the only thing you said that's pretty accurate is that the lyrics are only about 25% of what's happening during a song... or "weight." But that weight is what influences everything else... so to disregard the weight is to really be out of touch with everything else. You have to understand, or have a foundation, before you can build upon or appreciate the whole creation.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:39 PM   #255
On Probation

Bincount™: 0
Re: Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by somniferous
threedeviations.....man look at your posts and tell me you dont look like a dick, i know you dont care and thats cool, but dude you should express your OPINIONS in a way where people can interact and gain perspective from the OPINION. I think you should google up some Tool interviews and watch how cool and free flowing these guys are. Your opinion dont mean shit to me but i will certainly read it, analyze it, and pick out what i can from it without telling you its wrong....how can you be so sure your INTERPRETATIONS are so damn accurate? There INTERPRETATIONS....jesus, come on now....Like someone else said on here earlier, its what you get from it, not about being right....I will agree with you on one thing though....I'm sure Maynard has emotions and specific ideas for which these songs are based on, but to only sit and study the words trying to gain his exact perspective is almost a waste....analyze all of it together....the lyrics are only 1/4 of whats happening during a song....see this is my OPINION, i think if you have an opinion and back it a little, than this forum shit is fun, guys like you make me not want to write anything....
I'm not on here to make friends.
I don't care if you or anyone else interacts or replied to the post. If you get offended or deny it, oh well. I'm only trying to help you realize what the fuck is going on.

the only thing you said that's pretty accurate is that the lyrics are only about 25% of what's happening during a song... or "weight." But that weight is what influences everything else... so to disregard the weight is to really be out of touch with everything else. You have to understand, or have a foundation, before you can build upon or appreciate the whole creation.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote