View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #52
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
Re: LATERALUS CONFIGURATION

why? i meant all of that in the best possible way.

okay, i'll admit that i jumped the gun in assuming you didn't realize there were 13 tracks. you were making a comparison to something else that may have correlations with the number 13. so, i mean i should hope, you probably did know that there are 13 tracks ...since track 13 is the last one. i give all tool fans more credit than that. just being a dick...

it was a light jab, as more of a means to elaborate the holy gift orientation involving the number 13. the first thing i mentioned ...with the last thing i mentioned. the ol' wrap around. like a mobius. but other than that i was simply trying to explain myself and my reasoning for thinking that this whole thing you have with the tracklist pales in comparison to how other ideas have been discussed at length and even seem to be far more elegant ...such as the holy gift track list which seems to work out ...and i'm not saying that it was intended by tool, but that - as a means of experiencing the album anew and in a different fashion than what had been presented to the world (if that's your thing ...who cares, right?) - it just seems to work out. reversing "reflection" sounds eerily beautiful, for example. things like that. but c'mon ...i'm not saying "you're just wrong" for you to ignore me or to keep saying that you'll ignore me (ty for reading my lengthy posts btw)...

I CAME OUT TO WATCH YOU PLAY,
WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY?

talk to me. we can get beyond the dissonance, the miscommunications, assumptions, all that. and honestly, MAN ...i feel i can hang with ppl like you more than most on this forum ...bc i do tend to "go there" (ask around) ...and i do it to put myself in a state of certitude if only as a means to focus the theory. just playing around. i'm not the artist so i don't really know and can't take my ideas about their art too seriously... actually, always believing that i don't know everything is the best point of reference i've been able to find in this crazy mixed up world. the information i come to, that goes through me, my life and experiences, WHETHER TRUE OR NOT, changes my perceptions.

these are mental games. tool is legend bc they - as maynard suggested - are not concerned with calling out the dirty rat or defining their own art, rather ...they can smell the cheese and crackers back stage. or something like that. they reflect the fact that there is a VIP party and that we're all invited to bounce our own lives and experiences off of their art.

p.s. also, when i refer to YOU ...it's really more about the 44&2 disharmonic consciousness or 2nd person singular/plural pronoun idea of perceiving ...like i know YOU well, YOU are a part of ME (christ/46&2). pointing HIS finger AT everything but his heart. you you you you you you you. everyone will have HIS day to die... WE'LL MISS YOU. :P i'm not really saying you there, commander. we're all one mind.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 06-02-2012 at 02:04 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote