View Single Post
SilverWings
06-22-2007, 06:28 PM

This was my second Tool show (the first having been the show at the Allstate in September), and as of right now I'm undecided over which show I thought was better.

I was a bit disappointed they didn't do The Pot, and I really would have loved to hear some of their older stuff (namely Opiate), but I was very surprised and happy to hear them play Right In Two - I didn't expect that and it was simply amazing live. Wings/10,000 Days was once again insanely awesome live, and I'm just pissed that idiots in the crowd messed it up. Jambi was a great opener, and after seeing that one live twice the middle instrumental part will forever be the "crazy cowboy hat dance" in my head. Lateralus was again the highlight of the night for me.

The sound in the Civic Center was definitely crap, there were a lot of times where it was hard to hear Maynard's singing. Definitely worse than the Allstate with that.

But the crowd...oh, most of the crowd sucked. Not all, mind, there were a lot of cool people. But most of the people on the floor were idiots. My friends and I were right at the barricade, so at least we didn't have to worry about getting trampled by people trying to rush to the front. But hey, you know, I don't appreciate things like people pulling my hair to try and get me off the barricade so they can steal my spot, don't appreciate someone spending 20 minutes digging their elbow into my shoulder to try and push me away, and wasn't too fond of the fact that I couldn't breathe half the show because I was crushed against the barricade. I was downright embarrassed when Melt Banana was playing because of the assholes behind us shouting for them to get off the stage and to go home. And that pit that people made right in front of Justin that the_shrike29 mentioned? Yeah, that was right behind where we were. I definitely would have enjoyed the show much more if not for the idiots that were all around me. I also am very surprised that I managed to go the show without being kicked in the head or having lost my glasses due to the fact that about five times people were pulled out of the crowd right over my head. Being asked to flash our boobs by some drunken idiots as we were leaving was definitely a lowpoint as well.

And of course, the way people being idiots pissed off Maynard and the band rather pissed me off as well. I mean, really, people go to concerts to have fun, but whatever happened to self-control and not making an ass of yourself. The throwing of the CD on stage and then using cameras (which you're not supposed to have in there) - yeah, nice going on messing up the concert, jackasses.

But despite all that? The show was great, and I had a good time. Melt Banana was cool and Tool was awesome. Not entirely sure I'll ever want to go back to Peoria for a concert again, though.

Last edited by SilverWings; 06-22-2007 at 07:11 PM..
Old 06-22-2007, 06:28 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/20 - Peoria, IL - Peoria Civic Center

This was my second Tool show (the first having been the show at the Allstate in September), and as of right now I'm undecided over which show I thought was better.

I was a bit disappointed they didn't do The Pot, and I really would have loved to hear some of their older stuff (namely Opiate), but I was very surprised and happy to hear them play Right In Two - I didn't expect that and it was simply amazing live. Wings/10,000 Days was once again insanely awesome live, and I'm just pissed that idiots in the crowd messed it up. Jambi was a great opener, and after seeing that one live twice the middle instrumental part will forever be the "crazy cowboy hat dance" in my head. Lateralus was again the highlight of the night for me.

The sound in the Civic Center was definitely crap, there were a lot of times where it was hard to hear Maynard's singing. Definitely worse than the Allstate with that.

But the crowd...oh, most of the crowd sucked. Not all, mind, there were a lot of cool people. But most of the people on the floor were idiots. My friends and I were right at the barricade, so at least we didn't have to worry about getting trampled by people trying to rush to the front. But hey, you know, I don't appreciate things like people pulling my hair to try and get me off the barricade so they can steal my spot, don't appreciate someone spending 20 minutes digging their elbow into my shoulder to try and push me away, and wasn't too fond of the fact that I couldn't breathe half the show because I was crushed against the barricade. I was downright embarrassed when Melt Banana was playing because of the assholes behind us shouting for them to get off the stage and to go home. And that pit that people made right in front of Justin that the_shrike29 mentioned? Yeah, that was right behind where we were. I definitely would have enjoyed the show much more if not for the idiots that were all around me. I also am very surprised that I managed to go the show without being kicked in the head or having lost my glasses due to the fact that about five times people were pulled out of the crowd right over my head. Being asked to flash our boobs by some drunken idiots as we were leaving was definitely a lowpoint as well.

And of course, the way people being idiots pissed off Maynard and the band rather pissed me off as well. I mean, really, people go to concerts to have fun, but whatever happened to self-control and not making an ass of yourself. The throwing of the CD on stage and then using cameras (which you're not supposed to have in there) - yeah, nice going on messing up the concert, jackasses.

But despite all that? The show was great, and I had a good time. Melt Banana was cool and Tool was awesome. Not entirely sure I'll ever want to go back to Peoria for a concert again, though.

Last edited by SilverWings; 06-22-2007 at 07:11 PM..
OFFLINE |