View Single Post
elevate's Avatar elevate
05-10-2007, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holotrope View Post
If you're recording the guitar, bass, vocals, etc live, you'll want a program that can handle the audio well.
Handling audio "well" is pretty much a baseline prerequisite for any audio application. Anything non-beta and/or commercial-grade is going to handle audio fine. Among multitrack audio sequencers, they all have nearly identical core feature sets. Reaper does represent an excellent value, but it isn't some audio panacea. The interface is kinda clumsy compared to apps like Acid, Vegas, and Sonar. It's also missing some pretty core features, or at least I've never come across them - specifically aux buses and fx buses. I suppose you can get part way there with the mixing matrix, but it's a less than ideal solution, IM0.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:03 AM   #9
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 211
Re: Opinions on music software

Quote:
Originally Posted by holotrope View Post
If you're recording the guitar, bass, vocals, etc live, you'll want a program that can handle the audio well.
Handling audio "well" is pretty much a baseline prerequisite for any audio application. Anything non-beta and/or commercial-grade is going to handle audio fine. Among multitrack audio sequencers, they all have nearly identical core feature sets. Reaper does represent an excellent value, but it isn't some audio panacea. The interface is kinda clumsy compared to apps like Acid, Vegas, and Sonar. It's also missing some pretty core features, or at least I've never come across them - specifically aux buses and fx buses. I suppose you can get part way there with the mixing matrix, but it's a less than ideal solution, IM0.