View Single Post
Towelie's Avatar Towelie
05-19-2006, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bales
not that i give a shit.. just thought this was pretty blatent.
Just to clarify, I was out watching baseball and had good amount to drink and smoke. I came back on here to see what people made out of those tracks and how my server was doing. I'm not drinking and driving on this forum again after that night.

Quote:
Are you serious? Because if true, I'd be surprised how well they've come technically.
You're right; that does sound like I've know about these guys before. But, what I meant in that post is that I'm surprised how a band can technically perform that well to make me and a few friends think it could be Tool. Scratch "come" and put in "done".

In fact, I had one friend who actually got depressed. He said, "if this is the new Tool, I am so disappointed in them. How can they go from Lateralus to this." He was not talking about the sound. He was talking about the content.

When 10,000 Days came out, he was the first one to call and say, "ha-ha, dork."

Even with that, I still had a suspicion that it might be some demos, cut-outs or something to do with Tool.

I read this on blogcritics.org and fell for it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
From Tool newsletter Sept 05 - "Now where was I?.. Oh yeah, TOOL!.. I'm not going to reveal my source, Mister Patience, but do you want to know the kind of things that have been going on while this record was being recorded? Okay, first there was thedecoy record just to confound all those would-be bootleggers out there. This took, oh, about a year, just because the band members wanted it to sound pretty close to the real thing (so as to be believable), along with equally believable art design. When they weren't working on this grand deception, there were other pleasant distractions" ... "And then try to imagine what when on in the studio itself (this time while recording the real CD)." end of excerpt
And, you know what the stupid thing is? All I had to do was look up a few posts from that one to see the link Deuceman pointed out earlier in this thread. In fact, if I wasn't on The Pot and did just a little more investigating, I could have saved myself and others confusion and time.

Although thankful I know it's not Tool (my friends thank you as well), fuck those dudes. I don't know who uploaded that stuff. If it was them or their fans, who knows. I'm a bit pissed of at whoever did that prank. I got owned. My friends let me have it. You guys let me have it. I missed the obvious. Live and learn.

Idiot yes. Liar no.

Please don't call me out on this thread anymore. Just let it die, please. I so don't want to be on the radar anymore. Heh
Old 05-19-2006, 03:22 PM   #108
Banned.

Bincount™: 7
Re: Decoy Album Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bales
not that i give a shit.. just thought this was pretty blatent.
Just to clarify, I was out watching baseball and had good amount to drink and smoke. I came back on here to see what people made out of those tracks and how my server was doing. I'm not drinking and driving on this forum again after that night.

Quote:
Are you serious? Because if true, I'd be surprised how well they've come technically.
You're right; that does sound like I've know about these guys before. But, what I meant in that post is that I'm surprised how a band can technically perform that well to make me and a few friends think it could be Tool. Scratch "come" and put in "done".

In fact, I had one friend who actually got depressed. He said, "if this is the new Tool, I am so disappointed in them. How can they go from Lateralus to this." He was not talking about the sound. He was talking about the content.

When 10,000 Days came out, he was the first one to call and say, "ha-ha, dork."

Even with that, I still had a suspicion that it might be some demos, cut-outs or something to do with Tool.

I read this on blogcritics.org and fell for it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
From Tool newsletter Sept 05 - "Now where was I?.. Oh yeah, TOOL!.. I'm not going to reveal my source, Mister Patience, but do you want to know the kind of things that have been going on while this record was being recorded? Okay, first there was thedecoy record just to confound all those would-be bootleggers out there. This took, oh, about a year, just because the band members wanted it to sound pretty close to the real thing (so as to be believable), along with equally believable art design. When they weren't working on this grand deception, there were other pleasant distractions" ... "And then try to imagine what when on in the studio itself (this time while recording the real CD)." end of excerpt
And, you know what the stupid thing is? All I had to do was look up a few posts from that one to see the link Deuceman pointed out earlier in this thread. In fact, if I wasn't on The Pot and did just a little more investigating, I could have saved myself and others confusion and time.

Although thankful I know it's not Tool (my friends thank you as well), fuck those dudes. I don't know who uploaded that stuff. If it was them or their fans, who knows. I'm a bit pissed of at whoever did that prank. I got owned. My friends let me have it. You guys let me have it. I missed the obvious. Live and learn.

Idiot yes. Liar no.

Please don't call me out on this thread anymore. Just let it die, please. I so don't want to be on the radar anymore. Heh
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote