View Single Post
TypeO's Avatar TypeO
02-09-2012, 11:51 AM

Everything I imagined and then some.

I, too, was at the Dec. 7, 1996 International Ballroom show, the only other time I ever saw Tool.
It was a long time and many brain cells ago, so I don't remember a lot of the details, but I do remember when they played Opiate the place fucking exploded (as well it should).

The Duluth show last night was incredible.
I was in 122, back left corner of the floor, first row (the aisle around the floor was directly in front of me.
Other than a fat bitch working security who kept shining her light in front of me trying to "bust" phonecam users, the view was great, and the sound was incredible.

I was wondering when someone was gonna mention the "drumming faggotry" remark, that was pretty funny.

For me, the show confirmed my opinion that Tool is, without a doubt, the greatest band in existence today.
They have achieved the same iconic level of being that Led Zeppelin had in the 70s.
The only other group to even come close to this level was perhaps Metallica during the 80s.
They combine all the elements: the mystique, the incredible studio releases and the ability to perform the material live flawleesly.

I'm 51, and I've seen a lot of concerts, but last night may have been the best performance (combination of music and visuals) I've ever seen by any band ever.

And yeah, that includes when I saw Led Zeppelin in 1977.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.08.2012 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnet Arena

Everything I imagined and then some.

I, too, was at the Dec. 7, 1996 International Ballroom show, the only other time I ever saw Tool.
It was a long time and many brain cells ago, so I don't remember a lot of the details, but I do remember when they played Opiate the place fucking exploded (as well it should).

The Duluth show last night was incredible.
I was in 122, back left corner of the floor, first row (the aisle around the floor was directly in front of me.
Other than a fat bitch working security who kept shining her light in front of me trying to "bust" phonecam users, the view was great, and the sound was incredible.

I was wondering when someone was gonna mention the "drumming faggotry" remark, that was pretty funny.

For me, the show confirmed my opinion that Tool is, without a doubt, the greatest band in existence today.
They have achieved the same iconic level of being that Led Zeppelin had in the 70s.
The only other group to even come close to this level was perhaps Metallica during the 80s.
They combine all the elements: the mystique, the incredible studio releases and the ability to perform the material live flawleesly.

I'm 51, and I've seen a lot of concerts, but last night may have been the best performance (combination of music and visuals) I've ever seen by any band ever.

And yeah, that includes when I saw Led Zeppelin in 1977.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote