View Single Post
maadas
01-31-2012, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndEyeQuote View Post
I'd like to clarify some things about the set because I don't think people realize from these reviews that they are getting a lot more than a 10 song set.

to recap with notes:

Hooker With A Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Ticks & Leeches

Pushit (at the beginning of pushit they played the first few notes of no quarter. this was the ænima version but halfway through they had an interlude of the live version and then went back to the ænima version)

Something new! (i can't believe people aren't pointing this out, it was a few minute instrumental that served as an intro to Schism)

Schism (live version with heavy jam in the middle)

Another new short instrumental intro for Intension this time.

Intension
Forty Six & 2

(maynard wishes us a merry Christmas)

Lateralus (with extended drum solo)

Something amazing and new and the best part of the show. A long 10 minute or so instrumental. Reminded me of a more mellow Merkaba. Best visuals during the show during this as well.

Maynard makes fun if Camden, NJ here saying this is actually their Philly show and that Philly is better. This got a huge round of applause and a few scattered boos. Then he said "hello cleveland!".

Ænema (changed up a bit)

---

again I can't believe people aren't talking about all these extra surprises. have they been doing this at all the shows? I'm going to the next two as well so i guess I'll see.

and a brief review:

this was my 13th TOOL show.

first the visuals: much better by far than 10,000 days. no longer is there that screensaver feel. still no where near what they did on the lateralus tour but still fucking awesome. starting with intension and through the rest of the set were some the best, especially during lateralus and the long instrumental before ænema. overall it was a mix between visuals from the lateralus tour, the 10,000 days tour, and I even spied some old ænema tour visuals. all heavily fucked with changed up and mixed with a lot of new shit. some images from the stinkfist and schism videos while they played those, but also heavily messed with. and the lasers, I have to disagree with what someone above said. they took them to a whole new level. definitely cooler this time around, more unique and not just like a typical laser show anymore. pretty mind blowing.

as far as TOOL themselves they were a bit sloppy here and there and maynards vocals were a little low, but over all pretty damn sick. nite all! until the next episode.
They've been playing that big intro to schism at all the shows. In the reviews for some of the other venues people are referring to it as schism with new intro. Sounded pretty amazing in Reno and in Tucson!!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:34 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.29.2012 - Camden, NJ @ Susquehanna Bank Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndEyeQuote View Post
I'd like to clarify some things about the set because I don't think people realize from these reviews that they are getting a lot more than a 10 song set.

to recap with notes:

Hooker With A Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Ticks & Leeches

Pushit (at the beginning of pushit they played the first few notes of no quarter. this was the ænima version but halfway through they had an interlude of the live version and then went back to the ænima version)

Something new! (i can't believe people aren't pointing this out, it was a few minute instrumental that served as an intro to Schism)

Schism (live version with heavy jam in the middle)

Another new short instrumental intro for Intension this time.

Intension
Forty Six & 2

(maynard wishes us a merry Christmas)

Lateralus (with extended drum solo)

Something amazing and new and the best part of the show. A long 10 minute or so instrumental. Reminded me of a more mellow Merkaba. Best visuals during the show during this as well.

Maynard makes fun if Camden, NJ here saying this is actually their Philly show and that Philly is better. This got a huge round of applause and a few scattered boos. Then he said "hello cleveland!".

Ænema (changed up a bit)

---

again I can't believe people aren't talking about all these extra surprises. have they been doing this at all the shows? I'm going to the next two as well so i guess I'll see.

and a brief review:

this was my 13th TOOL show.

first the visuals: much better by far than 10,000 days. no longer is there that screensaver feel. still no where near what they did on the lateralus tour but still fucking awesome. starting with intension and through the rest of the set were some the best, especially during lateralus and the long instrumental before ænema. overall it was a mix between visuals from the lateralus tour, the 10,000 days tour, and I even spied some old ænema tour visuals. all heavily fucked with changed up and mixed with a lot of new shit. some images from the stinkfist and schism videos while they played those, but also heavily messed with. and the lasers, I have to disagree with what someone above said. they took them to a whole new level. definitely cooler this time around, more unique and not just like a typical laser show anymore. pretty mind blowing.

as far as TOOL themselves they were a bit sloppy here and there and maynards vocals were a little low, but over all pretty damn sick. nite all! until the next episode.
They've been playing that big intro to schism at all the shows. In the reviews for some of the other venues people are referring to it as schism with new intro. Sounded pretty amazing in Reno and in Tucson!!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote