View Single Post
toolhead932's Avatar toolhead932
01-29-2012, 03:37 AM

Tool played amazing tonight! I've only seen them twice, once being Epicenter 09 in California, but I still wish they would mix up the setlist a bit. I'd love to see them play Heroin, Opiate, Prison Sex and other older songs. The highlight of the show for me was probably Lateralus or Aenema. As far as Maynard's "liveliness" goes, I can't really comment. The only other time I've seen tool perform was when he had just injured his leg and was on pain killers, and he was pretty talkative. I don't know what his typical crowd involvement is but the shows I've been to it was fine. The overall sound quality of the show was great in my opinion and I was back in Loge 5, Row 13. The only thing I wish had been better was the loudness of the vocals. It felt like at times the instruments were drowning Maynard out and I could hear people drunkenly singing (badly) occasionally. The visuals were incredible, definitely better then when I saw them in 2009 (though that was an outdoor show).
I can't wait for the next album to come out and see them next time they tour. Being 14 or 15 when I got into tool and being 18 now I really haven't had many opportunities to see them perform so I hope they continue touring for a decent amount of time. Tool will always be my favorite band and it was great being able to see them again.

-Sara

PS. No idea who the opener was tonight but they were terrible, sorry if anyone disagrees with that but I thought tool could have had a better opener than "yaab" or whoever the hell they were.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:37 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.28.2012 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden

Tool played amazing tonight! I've only seen them twice, once being Epicenter 09 in California, but I still wish they would mix up the setlist a bit. I'd love to see them play Heroin, Opiate, Prison Sex and other older songs. The highlight of the show for me was probably Lateralus or Aenema. As far as Maynard's "liveliness" goes, I can't really comment. The only other time I've seen tool perform was when he had just injured his leg and was on pain killers, and he was pretty talkative. I don't know what his typical crowd involvement is but the shows I've been to it was fine. The overall sound quality of the show was great in my opinion and I was back in Loge 5, Row 13. The only thing I wish had been better was the loudness of the vocals. It felt like at times the instruments were drowning Maynard out and I could hear people drunkenly singing (badly) occasionally. The visuals were incredible, definitely better then when I saw them in 2009 (though that was an outdoor show).
I can't wait for the next album to come out and see them next time they tour. Being 14 or 15 when I got into tool and being 18 now I really haven't had many opportunities to see them perform so I hope they continue touring for a decent amount of time. Tool will always be my favorite band and it was great being able to see them again.

-Sara

PS. No idea who the opener was tonight but they were terrible, sorry if anyone disagrees with that but I thought tool could have had a better opener than "yaab" or whoever the hell they were.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote