View Single Post
OGT37
01-24-2012, 12:25 PM

This was my 17th show and as a huge TOOL fan, I was extremely impressed with the 'new' setlist. Let's face it, if you've been going to their shows, we all know the standard 10/11 song rotation. So, any deviation from that is a welcome surprise. My friend and I were talking before the show (as neither of us had looked at the Reno setlist) about possible openers and if there would be any new or cover material. We discussed the likely suspects for opener (Stinkfist, 3rd Eye, Jambi), so when Hooker let loose, it took me a minute before I recognized that familiar jam. Blown away, first time seeing that song live and its always been one of my favs. Ticks & Leeches, Pushit, Intension are all very seldom heard songs (especially T&L), so getting those songs folded into the setlist, was almost like hearing new songs...almost for the first time. Someone else posted that we got 5 songs that aren't in the standard rotation, so if I can keep going to TOOL shows for 5 different songs, I'll never stop. They have so many amazing songs in their repertoire that they could tour for the next 15 years just playing 5 new songs from their catalog. Anyway, we had great seats, right in front of the soundboard and I thought the show was fantastic - would've loved to see some new visuals, but can't complain about that. Funny story - as my friend and I discussed songs we'd love to hear - Parabol/Parabola and Sober were two that I brought up as songs I'd love to see/hear again. Sure as sh*t, they busted them both out in Dallas night 1. Spiral Out to that!!! Here's hoping for an LA run before Puscifer goes back on tour!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.15.2012 - Las Vegas, NV @ Mandalay Bay Events Centre

This was my 17th show and as a huge TOOL fan, I was extremely impressed with the 'new' setlist. Let's face it, if you've been going to their shows, we all know the standard 10/11 song rotation. So, any deviation from that is a welcome surprise. My friend and I were talking before the show (as neither of us had looked at the Reno setlist) about possible openers and if there would be any new or cover material. We discussed the likely suspects for opener (Stinkfist, 3rd Eye, Jambi), so when Hooker let loose, it took me a minute before I recognized that familiar jam. Blown away, first time seeing that song live and its always been one of my favs. Ticks & Leeches, Pushit, Intension are all very seldom heard songs (especially T&L), so getting those songs folded into the setlist, was almost like hearing new songs...almost for the first time. Someone else posted that we got 5 songs that aren't in the standard rotation, so if I can keep going to TOOL shows for 5 different songs, I'll never stop. They have so many amazing songs in their repertoire that they could tour for the next 15 years just playing 5 new songs from their catalog. Anyway, we had great seats, right in front of the soundboard and I thought the show was fantastic - would've loved to see some new visuals, but can't complain about that. Funny story - as my friend and I discussed songs we'd love to hear - Parabol/Parabola and Sober were two that I brought up as songs I'd love to see/hear again. Sure as sh*t, they busted them both out in Dallas night 1. Spiral Out to that!!! Here's hoping for an LA run before Puscifer goes back on tour!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote