View Single Post
zen len
01-15-2012, 06:34 PM

drove up from sac and hit up a brewery in sparks to start things off right

stayed at el dorado and walked to venue (3 mins)

line was ridiculous as others stated so we missed most of opening act but saw enough to know that the drummer was great and no matter what happens, i just can't get into the "death metal screaming" on well

merch stand was lacking i thought (i want my phurba hoodie dammit!)

crowd was pumped and as alwyas an eclectic mix of generally friendly stereotypes

acoustics were shite from section 118 10th row - ear plugs helped unfortunately... still sounded way better than the brief bit of opening act (intronaut i think) so hopefully tucson is better (sitting by board i think) reno was small-ish having no upper deck. perhaps not the best place to say it but puscifer's sound and vocals are not to be missed...the venue choices on that tour were phenominal

anyway....the band and setlist were AMAZING (hooker, ticks, pushit)- are you f'ing kidding me! i NEVER thought i'd hear those live and i was not disappointed

visuals were fantastic as always - the pot visuals were sick but not sure if new cause either i don't remember (gettin old) or they didn't play it in sac or sfo in 2010.

funny moment: dude in the front row getting absolutely blasted by the smoke machine...hahaha looked like the memorex commercial for 15mins straight...hilarious

vocals were as others described but overall it was great to hear a bit more effort (puscifer trickle down effect perhaps) i'm glad he chose NOT to scream the parts he knows he can't do with any accuracy or consistency and the band covers it well enough for my taste.

the bit about being 50 and trying to act angry was amusing as were the VERY few other things he said.

the other 3 were super appreciate as i've seen in the past although the crowd last night stood out as one of the best in a long time - i think it showed as they stayed onstage for several minutes tossing swag to the crowd and what not.

should have made vegas BUT decided on tucson / jerome trip instead.

hope ya'll have an equally fantastic show

:cheers:
Old 01-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #27
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.14.2012 - Reno, NV @ Reno Events Centre

drove up from sac and hit up a brewery in sparks to start things off right

stayed at el dorado and walked to venue (3 mins)

line was ridiculous as others stated so we missed most of opening act but saw enough to know that the drummer was great and no matter what happens, i just can't get into the "death metal screaming" on well

merch stand was lacking i thought (i want my phurba hoodie dammit!)

crowd was pumped and as alwyas an eclectic mix of generally friendly stereotypes

acoustics were shite from section 118 10th row - ear plugs helped unfortunately... still sounded way better than the brief bit of opening act (intronaut i think) so hopefully tucson is better (sitting by board i think) reno was small-ish having no upper deck. perhaps not the best place to say it but puscifer's sound and vocals are not to be missed...the venue choices on that tour were phenominal

anyway....the band and setlist were AMAZING (hooker, ticks, pushit)- are you f'ing kidding me! i NEVER thought i'd hear those live and i was not disappointed

visuals were fantastic as always - the pot visuals were sick but not sure if new cause either i don't remember (gettin old) or they didn't play it in sac or sfo in 2010.

funny moment: dude in the front row getting absolutely blasted by the smoke machine...hahaha looked like the memorex commercial for 15mins straight...hilarious

vocals were as others described but overall it was great to hear a bit more effort (puscifer trickle down effect perhaps) i'm glad he chose NOT to scream the parts he knows he can't do with any accuracy or consistency and the band covers it well enough for my taste.

the bit about being 50 and trying to act angry was amusing as were the VERY few other things he said.

the other 3 were super appreciate as i've seen in the past although the crowd last night stood out as one of the best in a long time - i think it showed as they stayed onstage for several minutes tossing swag to the crowd and what not.

should have made vegas BUT decided on tucson / jerome trip instead.

hope ya'll have an equally fantastic show

:cheers:
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote