View Single Post
implandnoises's Avatar implandnoises
02-14-2007, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkeyadb View Post
I totally get all that. I'm just saying it should be "fluorescence" and not "fluorescents". It's a grammar thing.
What are you talking about? He is talking about fluorescent lights. Fluorescents, plural. Simple as that. Perhaps his grammar would be more correct if he said "fluorescent lights" but that spoils the lyrical flow. Absolute correct grammar is often left at the door in poetry and lyrics. And besides, fluorescents is commonly used as a short way of saying fluorescent lights in the lighting industry.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:55 AM   #732
Banned.

Bincount™: 1157
Re: 04 - 10,000 Days (Wings pt 2) lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkeyadb View Post
I totally get all that. I'm just saying it should be "fluorescence" and not "fluorescents". It's a grammar thing.
What are you talking about? He is talking about fluorescent lights. Fluorescents, plural. Simple as that. Perhaps his grammar would be more correct if he said "fluorescent lights" but that spoils the lyrical flow. Absolute correct grammar is often left at the door in poetry and lyrics. And besides, fluorescents is commonly used as a short way of saying fluorescent lights in the lighting industry.
OFFLINE |