View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 04:58 AM   #877
(tdn $upporter) - S.O.B: Save Our Bluths

Bincount™: 33
Re: Where the fuck is european tour?

This is the email i sent to Blair...wonder if he'll actually read it.

Quote:
As someone who attended 3 shows from the past european tour, and planning to attend 2 on the current one (munich, stuttgart)..and then seeing them in melbourne when I return to Australia (crikey-land) next year...I don't want to sound ungrateful or arrogant when I ask: should I bother?

Is there any reward to be gained from spending hard-earned money to see one of my most admired bands to just watch the same show apart from just being senseless 'notches on my belt'? And I know what you might say...Tool's back catalogue is slightly more complicated than say, Pearl Jam (who can potentially play any song they've ever done on a given night), or perhaps like Mr. Waters or Mr. Gilmour...those guys pretty much just play 1 setlist per tour every night, because it's not logistically possible to mix it up that much every night (and the same applies to Tool).

Having said all that, I think the following also needs to be said...One of the main things musically that drew me in with band was how they refuse to be predictable, refuse to compromise artistically for anyone. With regards to the live show...I had not seen Tool live before this year, though over the past 5 years I've been hearing what an incredible experience it is and how it's hard to predict what one might experience at one of their concerts.

If over 3 separate tours I can only expect to see pretty much the same 11-12 songs, then I might have to think twice about any subsequent tours for this album. Perhaps it's my fault for getting my expectations up, but perhaps the guys are also letting down their loyal fans a little by becoming predictable. If they keep playing the same setlists over and over, then people will probably be more hesitant to fork over their money when they coeme back again right? And at the end of the day, Tool aren't doing this simply to cash in their paychecks...are they? I for one certainly hope not.

Kind regards,

'what happens after you figure out the meaning of life?...The List #43

myspace|flickr|
OFFLINE |