View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 01:16 AM   #35
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/14 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

Great that we got wings of Marie and 10,000 days...As a fan who has seen Tool a lot of times....I was a bit dissapointed b/c I had already heard every other song live besides Wings/10,000 Days...

Dont get me wrong they still rock and I still enjoy them but just not as much as when you see a band and have no idea whats comming next.

In the end, I dont complain that much b/c I know that they're so old and still rocking out.

Highlights were the Talk box solo on Jambi all the way to the end of the song..

Rossetta Stoned fucking woooped fucking ass the whole way through.

The Pot is always a badass live song to hear.

There was a lot of energy in "Forty Six & Two"...I've seen this song live twice before but this one was much better for some reason...Guess they perfected that shit,

Lateralus was the track that brought the fucking house down....It always seems to do that...thats a song I'll never get tired of hearing live.

Vicarious was fucking great as usual.....ESPECIALLY the fucking ending...It blows your mind live!

BUT, the fucking best song of the night HAD to go to Wings for Maire/10,000 Days...It's called 10,000 Days,...and that fucking song is 10,000 TIMES better live... Like someone mentioned before there is a spotlight JUST shining on him, hes got his Keyboard and his voice...And he pulled it off so fucking great...That song should only fucking be heard LIVE...The album version doesnt do the live version justice. I almost want to put it infront of when I heard "Undertoe" or Eulogy" live...but those are classics to me so it is hard to decide which is the best Tool songs I've ever heard live....But. thats just how god damn good this song is live... I mean the part where he goes "Judith Marie !!! UNCONDITIONAL OOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEE" made me fucking have an orgasm...

The lights/lazers were fucking trippy/Went along with the music/And were just plain badass.

Normal Maynard Humour...

"F.Y.I. - I'm still sick."

At the end he mentioned he had to piss and after sitting down with the band in the front came back and said "Ok Im gonna do half of a song" ....But was obviously joking and came back with the full encore. lol, and like between every encore song he kept persitting he had to piss....I know that wasnt true. After seeing him live so many times and knowing his dark-sarcastic humour you get to see that almost 80% of what he says live is just him fucking around...That's why I love the guy... He's a funny fuck.

Overall, I was in the pit....which was seated....(I know it was weird to me too)...I've never been to see a band in the pit to walk in and see seats there...But me and my friend were actually in the back of the pit (But before the show we figured itd be a normal pit so we could push our way to the front) But then we just said fuck it and went to some seats a fucking LOT closer and nobody came to those seats..haha...And we'd just keep moving to every couple of empty seats closer up...SO it kinda worked out...hahaha.....

And yes, I was one of the people who fucking rushed the front of the stage during the beginning of Aenima (I imagine everyone already knew this was there last song b/c Maynard said "GoodNight" and I know when he says that its over) but I barely got past the fucking security gaurd and I was like five feet from the stage...It was the closest I've ever been to them....I mean we were close in our PIT seats before, But here I was so close It was like seeing a band in a garage...well a big gartage...It was fucking awesome...

The energy was amazing, wings for Marie/10,000 Days was some of the best music I've EVER heard live...Dont know if I'll ever see that performed ever again..One can only hope, right? Overall the show was fucking badass...I mean, it's fucking tool...My only complaint is fuck...honestly change some songs on the setlist here and there...

I mean older shit, like instead of Forty Six & Two or Aenima play Jimmy/pushit/or H. for fucks sake...Or instead of Stinkfist play something off of Undertow...Or fuck...play a rarity like Intension off of 10,000 Days ATLEAST if you're not going to switch anything else...My overall point is...The show has a much more magical feel to it and lasts longer in memory if there is something special to it...The only thing we got special was "Wings/10,000 Days" ...Everything else might be fucking magical/amazing for a person seeing Tool for the first time...But not us old school fans who are used to the random setlists and the fans who love your whole catalog of music...Not just the recent shit and the hits...That's just my two cents on it...Speaking as a musician....

I didnt want to complain I was actually just trying to give constructive criticism...

I still love tool, and I still loved the fucking Tool show...It was fucking great....I still go see Tool despite whatever they play b/c it's fucking Tool...And I owe that much to them for giving me some of the greatest music ever played.

Great night.

Cheers

Last edited by twinheads; 09-15-2006 at 02:28 AM..
OFFLINE |