View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 11:00 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/14 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

4th show. AWESOME.

The Good:
vocals were "DEAD ON"- No missed lyrics. Hit all high notes. Perfect RS screams
Band was "DEAD ON"-very tight, Adam didn't F/U anything. Justin was unconcious.
Security was cool
No moshers
Crowd was good
Maynard gave a brave and excellent show even though he was still sick
Watching Maynard do his signature moves
Maynards tear-drop Rayban Sunglasses
The "Sea" of lighters during RS, and the "break"

The not-so good:
Lots of the crowd left for drinks and restroom break during Wings (pt. 1&2)
Seemed like the crowd knew only the "hits" and didn't appreciate the experience as a whole
Because the stage was so big, I felt the band was a little distant with each other
Maynard was still sick :(
The sound was not nearly as loud as all other shows I have seen. Don't get me wrong, it WAS LOUD. Just not as loud as previous shows

Maynardisms:
"FYI-I'm still sick........but I'm fucking here"
"I gotta piss.......I ain't even joking"
"I gotta cut the show short cause I gotta piss. This will be our last song, and we are only going to play half of it" They continued to play 3 songs without interruption.

Coolest thing I saw at the show:
The (HOT) lipstick lesbians seated all over the place. Holding hands and rubbing and singing to each other.

The WIERDEST thing I saw at the show:
A fat dude wearing a Grateful Dead type of "Tye-Dye" tee shirt and WEARING A STAR WARS FULL FACIAL HELMET during the entire show. He was in the lower bowl on Justins side of the stage. Did anybody else see him?

Getting to see Wings (Pt 1 & 2) was as good as it gets. So tight, emotional, and absolutely PUMMELING.

Some cool BAND stuff:
Justin playing the bass with a water bottle. Made some really unusual sounds.
Maynard coming to the front of the stage and singing alongside Justin, then GRABBING JUSTINS ASS and both of 'em laughing as Maynard kept singing and strutted away.
During RS Maynard kept "trying" to set his water bottle down on an imaginary table. It would hit the floor, bounce, then he would pick it up and walk in circles dropping it again and again.........hilarious! He never missed a note the entire time.

All-in-all, I am extremely pleased with the show. It was alot different than the other shows I have seen.......I will certainly have to take a few days to fully digest it all.........

The guy sitting next to me took a ton of pics and video (we were sitting about 20-30 feet from the stage on Adams side. 3rd row up by the rail in the lower bowl! ). He was using a real camera (not a cell phone), so I anticipate they will come out great. He promised to e-mail them to me. I will post them as soon as I get 'em.

Rock On!!!!!!!!!!!
Robert

Last edited by 1toolfan; 09-14-2006 at 11:46 PM..
OFFLINE |