View Single Post
Staticfactory's Avatar Staticfactory
06-19-2006, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
I see we're still stuck with people who enjoy posting their ideas to what the lyrics are without actually thinking them through.

"Out of your head" is a common phrase.
"Out of your hair" is not.

It's 'head', no hard 'd' sound no, but there doesn't need to be. Think about in Ticks & Leeches where the official lyrics say he's saying "My blood is bruised and borrowed" when what it sounds like he's singing is "My friend is bruised and borrowed".

I still say it's "Steal, borrow, reversing your shady inference.", I don't hear 'save' at all anymore.
I see we're still stuck with condescending remarks from people who would like to think that they're smarter than you.

You are correct about the common phrasing, as far as north american english is concerned. If you stumbled over to the Jambi lyrics, people are suggesting "Dim my eyes" and "Jam bi eyes" when "Damn my eyes" is the common phrase. If you can tell me why he sings "hair" when he means "head" I'll give it to you. I've assumed that it's some kind of islander slang, as his accenting and phrasing is very unusal throughout this song.

As for your "official lyrics" argument; it's common knowledge that there are striking differences between the "official" lyrics and the "actual" lyrics.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:44 AM   #665
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12
Re: 05 - The Pot lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
I see we're still stuck with people who enjoy posting their ideas to what the lyrics are without actually thinking them through.

"Out of your head" is a common phrase.
"Out of your hair" is not.

It's 'head', no hard 'd' sound no, but there doesn't need to be. Think about in Ticks & Leeches where the official lyrics say he's saying "My blood is bruised and borrowed" when what it sounds like he's singing is "My friend is bruised and borrowed".

I still say it's "Steal, borrow, reversing your shady inference.", I don't hear 'save' at all anymore.
I see we're still stuck with condescending remarks from people who would like to think that they're smarter than you.

You are correct about the common phrasing, as far as north american english is concerned. If you stumbled over to the Jambi lyrics, people are suggesting "Dim my eyes" and "Jam bi eyes" when "Damn my eyes" is the common phrase. If you can tell me why he sings "hair" when he means "head" I'll give it to you. I've assumed that it's some kind of islander slang, as his accenting and phrasing is very unusal throughout this song.

As for your "official lyrics" argument; it's common knowledge that there are striking differences between the "official" lyrics and the "actual" lyrics.