View Single Post
UFOtofu's Avatar UFOtofu
06-15-2006, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesper
However I doubt that anyone writing a 'protest song' (something I don't really associate with Tool anyways) would be saying "4-year, what's the difference"; that's the point of writing the protest song isn't it, the fact that it does make a difference?
That's the HOPE of a 'protest song'. Whether it does make a difference or not remains to be determined as FACT. And it seems that could be a very difficult aspect to measure...or credit. I'm not totally behind you in The Pot being put in the 'protest song' list, but I'd agree that I don't associate the genre with Tool. MJK does speak his mind though, and that will always put them in the controversial lyrics department. Anywho, I'm splitting the thoughts up as...

Liar/Lawyer - one comparison
Mirror 4-year - variation on previous lyrics, but still one thought on the repetition of the doings of the Bush Admin. for another term

What's the difference - between the Liar and Lawyer, between the 1st and 2nd election/term
Old 06-15-2006, 10:58 AM   #656

Bincount™: 24
Re: Lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesper
However I doubt that anyone writing a 'protest song' (something I don't really associate with Tool anyways) would be saying "4-year, what's the difference"; that's the point of writing the protest song isn't it, the fact that it does make a difference?
That's the HOPE of a 'protest song'. Whether it does make a difference or not remains to be determined as FACT. And it seems that could be a very difficult aspect to measure...or credit. I'm not totally behind you in The Pot being put in the 'protest song' list, but I'd agree that I don't associate the genre with Tool. MJK does speak his mind though, and that will always put them in the controversial lyrics department. Anywho, I'm splitting the thoughts up as...

Liar/Lawyer - one comparison
Mirror 4-year - variation on previous lyrics, but still one thought on the repetition of the doings of the Bush Admin. for another term

What's the difference - between the Liar and Lawyer, between the 1st and 2nd election/term
OFFLINE |