Thread: Maynard
View Single Post
orangedarkblue's Avatar orangedarkblue
06-02-2006, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie
That's a great interpretation. And, I enjoyed orangedarkblue's addition as well. My opinion is that the song is heavily satirical. And, it's meant for those of us who have been "victims" of somebody else's insanity. Don't get me wrong, I would have compassion for somebody "stoning" me because of their *oblivious* need to do so. But, jesus tittie fucking christ, life is hard enough without having to discern somebody else's mental disease in order to get through to Truth.
Nice. :) I would say - the larger the Truth, the larger the possible case of mental disturbance. Take Shabbetai Tzvi for instance. This guy stirred up big hopes in the Jewish community in diaspora of finally returning to Zion, at around 1700 a.d. Shabbetai went to Israël in 1662 and was declared by many to be the Messiah, based upon his teachings.
The man created a sensation throughout the Jewish world, that, ever since Jesus of Nazareth, was not very inclined to believe in Messiahs. He must have been pretty convincing, I think.
In 1662 Tsvi visited the Sultan of Turkey, and tried to convince the monarch to grant a Jewish state to him, the Messiah. Sadly, the Sultan wasn't in and gave him the choice of conversion to Islam or death. Following this Shabbetai went into a deep depression and converted to Islam in 1666. Almost no Jew today knows his name or this story. Covered in a blanket of shame. We say today he probably was bipolar. Now compare his failure to launch to other guys who did pull it off. Think of temporal lobe epilepsy. Truely truely I say unto thee, they were probably all crazy.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #104
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9
Re: Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie
That's a great interpretation. And, I enjoyed orangedarkblue's addition as well. My opinion is that the song is heavily satirical. And, it's meant for those of us who have been "victims" of somebody else's insanity. Don't get me wrong, I would have compassion for somebody "stoning" me because of their *oblivious* need to do so. But, jesus tittie fucking christ, life is hard enough without having to discern somebody else's mental disease in order to get through to Truth.
Nice. :) I would say - the larger the Truth, the larger the possible case of mental disturbance. Take Shabbetai Tzvi for instance. This guy stirred up big hopes in the Jewish community in diaspora of finally returning to Zion, at around 1700 a.d. Shabbetai went to Israël in 1662 and was declared by many to be the Messiah, based upon his teachings.
The man created a sensation throughout the Jewish world, that, ever since Jesus of Nazareth, was not very inclined to believe in Messiahs. He must have been pretty convincing, I think.
In 1662 Tsvi visited the Sultan of Turkey, and tried to convince the monarch to grant a Jewish state to him, the Messiah. Sadly, the Sultan wasn't in and gave him the choice of conversion to Islam or death. Following this Shabbetai went into a deep depression and converted to Islam in 1666. Almost no Jew today knows his name or this story. Covered in a blanket of shame. We say today he probably was bipolar. Now compare his failure to launch to other guys who did pull it off. Think of temporal lobe epilepsy. Truely truely I say unto thee, they were probably all crazy.