Thread: Maynard
View Single Post
orangedarkblue's Avatar orangedarkblue
06-02-2006, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketEffect
I kinda had an idea about something, not the meaning of the song, but maybe the title...

Could it be that since the Rosetta Stone was a teaching tool that taught us to translate ancient symbols... could it be that he's saying he was stoned, as in, when people pelt you to death with rocks... he was stoned by "Rosetta Stones" meaning he was bludgeoned with invaluable teaching tools to the point of breaking. - and that the 'stoned' term has nothing to do with the acid, or drugs of any sort.. it's just a convenient double-meaning.

Hey, kudos again. Yesterday I sent a mail with titel 'Rosetta steniging' (Dutch for stoned, your way) to a friend, in which I argue the exact same thing - total revelation overload. As in:

Acts 7: 57-60 (hey, matt. 4:6!!) - The council members shouted and covered their ears. At once they all attacked Stephen and dragged him out of the city. Then they started throwing stones at him... As Stephen was being stoned to death, he called out... “Lord, don't blame them for what they have done.” Then he died.

now if these council members are E.T.'s, one can imagine they might at some point get sick and tired of LSD tourists blundering into their realm.

"Everyone gets everything he wants, I wanted a mission, and for my sins they gave me one..."

Last edited by orangedarkblue; 06-02-2006 at 01:49 AM..
Old 06-02-2006, 12:45 AM   #100
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9
Re: Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketEffect
I kinda had an idea about something, not the meaning of the song, but maybe the title...

Could it be that since the Rosetta Stone was a teaching tool that taught us to translate ancient symbols... could it be that he's saying he was stoned, as in, when people pelt you to death with rocks... he was stoned by "Rosetta Stones" meaning he was bludgeoned with invaluable teaching tools to the point of breaking. - and that the 'stoned' term has nothing to do with the acid, or drugs of any sort.. it's just a convenient double-meaning.

Hey, kudos again. Yesterday I sent a mail with titel 'Rosetta steniging' (Dutch for stoned, your way) to a friend, in which I argue the exact same thing - total revelation overload. As in:

Acts 7: 57-60 (hey, matt. 4:6!!) - The council members shouted and covered their ears. At once they all attacked Stephen and dragged him out of the city. Then they started throwing stones at him... As Stephen was being stoned to death, he called out... “Lord, don't blame them for what they have done.” Then he died.

now if these council members are E.T.'s, one can imagine they might at some point get sick and tired of LSD tourists blundering into their realm.

"Everyone gets everything he wants, I wanted a mission, and for my sins they gave me one..."

Last edited by orangedarkblue; 06-02-2006 at 01:49 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote