Thread: Maynard
View Single Post
Lou_Cypher
05-31-2006, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeDeviations
Fine, we'll agree to disagree.

and fyi, Maynard wouldn't "change his mind what it's about"... so your hypotheticals need to stay in la la land.

I appreciate certain aspects of philosophy and even some of the things you've said... but your "principles" (or whatever you refer to them as) really don't translate or belong on this thread.

Tool is philosophical, but not even close to the extreme scenarios you're talking about...

so frankly and respectfully, your time would be better spent on a different thread or different area entirely.
well, after slogging my way through this lenghty debate i just have a few observations. has anyone read that little quote at the beginning of the opinions section? where maynard is saying in a perfect world people will hear the album and be inspired to to do something extraordinary, how he reads the interprets on this page and theyre all wrong, how he wont spoonfeed the meaning and rob people of thier experience?

well sitting on your pc, trying to figure out exactly what it is maynard is singing about isnt being inspired or doing anything extraordinary, is it? thats just searching for the "real" meaning so you can say i have the "real" meaning, i know for certain maynard wrote this song about windsurfing or whatever because i know tool better. well, that doesnt really hold much meaning to you does it? does being able to sit back and say rosetta stoned is about how upset maynard is with people missing his message that important? and do we really think hes going to take a jab at fans like that, that we're all missing the point and its making him frusterated? gimme a fucking break do you think he actually cares, (he just wants another wing on his winery and has a damn fine job at providing for it), and doesnt sitting around on opinion boards arguing about it exactly prove his (your) point, that people need to be spoonfed? tool puts out music that they hope people will enjoy, that we'll put on a record and Think and maybe be inspired to go fingerpaint or write a poem or take karate or whatever. THATS IT.

oh, and saying maynard wouldnt change his mind as to what its about..............well, i seem to recall that live pushit recording on salival:

we 've been looking at one of our songs in a new light.......
Old 05-31-2006, 12:16 PM   #82
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeDeviations
Fine, we'll agree to disagree.

and fyi, Maynard wouldn't "change his mind what it's about"... so your hypotheticals need to stay in la la land.

I appreciate certain aspects of philosophy and even some of the things you've said... but your "principles" (or whatever you refer to them as) really don't translate or belong on this thread.

Tool is philosophical, but not even close to the extreme scenarios you're talking about...

so frankly and respectfully, your time would be better spent on a different thread or different area entirely.
well, after slogging my way through this lenghty debate i just have a few observations. has anyone read that little quote at the beginning of the opinions section? where maynard is saying in a perfect world people will hear the album and be inspired to to do something extraordinary, how he reads the interprets on this page and theyre all wrong, how he wont spoonfeed the meaning and rob people of thier experience?

well sitting on your pc, trying to figure out exactly what it is maynard is singing about isnt being inspired or doing anything extraordinary, is it? thats just searching for the "real" meaning so you can say i have the "real" meaning, i know for certain maynard wrote this song about windsurfing or whatever because i know tool better. well, that doesnt really hold much meaning to you does it? does being able to sit back and say rosetta stoned is about how upset maynard is with people missing his message that important? and do we really think hes going to take a jab at fans like that, that we're all missing the point and its making him frusterated? gimme a fucking break do you think he actually cares, (he just wants another wing on his winery and has a damn fine job at providing for it), and doesnt sitting around on opinion boards arguing about it exactly prove his (your) point, that people need to be spoonfed? tool puts out music that they hope people will enjoy, that we'll put on a record and Think and maybe be inspired to go fingerpaint or write a poem or take karate or whatever. THATS IT.

oh, and saying maynard wouldnt change his mind as to what its about..............well, i seem to recall that live pushit recording on salival:

we 've been looking at one of our songs in a new light.......
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote