View Single Post
andro
07-30-2009, 02:54 PM

7th show since '97.

I didn't have any problems with traffic, but I got to the venue early for just that reason. Traffic on the way out was non-existent, but that's because I pulled a Maynard and left at the very last note of Vicarious.

I was in section 117 on the last row, crowd around me was fine. No beer spilled on us, no puke, no particularly annoying people around.

Is Maynard ok physically? I've never heard his voice sound as frail and weak as it sounded last night. I assume he is sick, it's something that seems to happen on every tour. That said, it's always interesting to hear how he has toned back his vocal intensity. I actually like hearing songs sung in a different key, it's refreshing in a way.

The rest of the band was spot-on, as always. There were a few moments where I thought they might have screwed up, but I'll blame it on the venue's acoustics.

Maybe I don't remember the 10k Days screens very well, but the videos last night seemed to have a lot of new content. There was a lot of video that was removed completely, and almost everything that stayed was changed around from the way I remember. Even the Stinkfist video had some sections that I hadn't noticed before.

I don't understand the Tool elitists' constant need to bash the band. I think I like the rednecks more than I like the OGT asshats. At least the rednecks enjoy themselves.

Speaking of the venue, there were NO HANDRAILS in the aisles toward the upper portion of the building. This is really unacceptable and I'll think twice before giving ticketbastard my cc#.

I still can't shake the feeling that this is a farewell tour. I really hope that's not the case.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #40
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.29.09 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangle's Coliseum

7th show since '97.

I didn't have any problems with traffic, but I got to the venue early for just that reason. Traffic on the way out was non-existent, but that's because I pulled a Maynard and left at the very last note of Vicarious.

I was in section 117 on the last row, crowd around me was fine. No beer spilled on us, no puke, no particularly annoying people around.

Is Maynard ok physically? I've never heard his voice sound as frail and weak as it sounded last night. I assume he is sick, it's something that seems to happen on every tour. That said, it's always interesting to hear how he has toned back his vocal intensity. I actually like hearing songs sung in a different key, it's refreshing in a way.

The rest of the band was spot-on, as always. There were a few moments where I thought they might have screwed up, but I'll blame it on the venue's acoustics.

Maybe I don't remember the 10k Days screens very well, but the videos last night seemed to have a lot of new content. There was a lot of video that was removed completely, and almost everything that stayed was changed around from the way I remember. Even the Stinkfist video had some sections that I hadn't noticed before.

I don't understand the Tool elitists' constant need to bash the band. I think I like the rednecks more than I like the OGT asshats. At least the rednecks enjoy themselves.

Speaking of the venue, there were NO HANDRAILS in the aisles toward the upper portion of the building. This is really unacceptable and I'll think twice before giving ticketbastard my cc#.

I still can't shake the feeling that this is a farewell tour. I really hope that's not the case.
OFFLINE |