View Single Post
Hands
07-30-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by third.beyond View Post
People mentioned a eulogy tease, which I heard... but it was so brief that it didn't have much of an effect on me. I also recall Adam playing a few notes from pushit, between songs. I got really pumped for that.

I also noticed the rain / thunder after rosetta stoned. Since this was my first show this tour, I wasn't aware that it was a typical intermission between songs. Made me think they were about to bust out some wings / 10k days.

Anyone else hear that pushit tease?
I heard the eulogy tease (and about punched my friend in the face with glee). I also was almost positive wings/10k was coming after they started playing the thunder.

Second Tool show, saw them in Winston-Salem in 2007 and this show was a little better IMO. I dug the fuck out of Aenema which I've wanted to see live since I started listening to Tool in 2002 or so, and everything else was great. That venue was just as bad as Joel Coliseum though, total clusterfuck bodypress everywhere and tons of drunken meathead douches that should think about learning to swim. That having been said the people around me were pretty cool (Section 113).

I think it was during the soundscape prelude to either Aenema or Vicarious that some dude in a section pretty close by was literally shrieking "PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE" over and over again, if I had been close to him I'd have high-fived for sure. He was literally yelling himself hoarse repeating it for like 3 or 4 minutes. I still hope someday I'll see that song live.

Oh, and I dunno if it was the mix or the place, but most of the time it was real hard to hear Maynard.

Last edited by Hands; 07-30-2009 at 09:38 PM..
Old 07-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.29.09 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangle's Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by third.beyond View Post
People mentioned a eulogy tease, which I heard... but it was so brief that it didn't have much of an effect on me. I also recall Adam playing a few notes from pushit, between songs. I got really pumped for that.

I also noticed the rain / thunder after rosetta stoned. Since this was my first show this tour, I wasn't aware that it was a typical intermission between songs. Made me think they were about to bust out some wings / 10k days.

Anyone else hear that pushit tease?
I heard the eulogy tease (and about punched my friend in the face with glee). I also was almost positive wings/10k was coming after they started playing the thunder.

Second Tool show, saw them in Winston-Salem in 2007 and this show was a little better IMO. I dug the fuck out of Aenema which I've wanted to see live since I started listening to Tool in 2002 or so, and everything else was great. That venue was just as bad as Joel Coliseum though, total clusterfuck bodypress everywhere and tons of drunken meathead douches that should think about learning to swim. That having been said the people around me were pretty cool (Section 113).

I think it was during the soundscape prelude to either Aenema or Vicarious that some dude in a section pretty close by was literally shrieking "PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE" over and over again, if I had been close to him I'd have high-fived for sure. He was literally yelling himself hoarse repeating it for like 3 or 4 minutes. I still hope someday I'll see that song live.

Oh, and I dunno if it was the mix or the place, but most of the time it was real hard to hear Maynard.

Last edited by Hands; 07-30-2009 at 09:38 PM..
OFFLINE |