View Single Post
Lotus2thrdeye
07-30-2009, 02:06 PM

I finally get to post my follow up on this show.
This was my second time seeing Tool and i must say...i was not disappointed.
They have lost the mystery and darkness since the old days, but i felt really at home with the band last night. For the first time everyone on stage seemed to be having fun.

Maynard...what ever ppl keep bitching about I'm not sure. I feel like Maynard is finally done trying to be dark and trying to be a frontman. After a while you want to show the crowd who you really are. He is just chill. He's not there to impress anyone. So please everyone quit dictating how the show went down based on maynards level of activity on stage. I mean the guy is in his mid to late 40's. He cantt sing like he used to. And all you dumbasses complaining that he is singing like he used to....I dont see anyone else trying. His vocals and singign style is very unique and probably very hard for someone his age to do. So stop comparing him to other musicians his age.

Adam...this guy has really been surprising me lately. I have never heard him be so free with his sound. He seems to be really expanding and at a very fast rate. Its quite lovely actually. Adam was rather.....animated. He seemed like he was having a great time. I cant wait to hear what he has for the next album. Im also looking forward to more of his artwork.

Justin...Always animated. Played so well. I was in an area in the pit that the bass was heavy. One of my friends (who is a wonderful bass player) was with me and enjoyed that feeling everytime Justin pulled a string.

Danny...of all the members of the band I would love to actually sit down and talk to it would be Danny. He is Danny and thats all there is to it. Fucking inincredible drummer and artist. How much he has contributed to the band.

Audience...Most of you belong in A.A. I can understand getting smashed at a show. Espessially a Tool show. WTF is wrong with you ppl. Please keep you shirts on. Quit having sex in public. I will most likely never see another Tool show in NC. I was very Let down by my home state.

Venue...I loved how small the venue was. There wasnt a bad seat in the House. Sold out. Security was none-existent. The sound was a bit distorted though.

Lights...HOLY FUCKING SHIT

If anyone ever gets the opportunity to see these guys please do so. It definately an experience.
Peace out.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:06 PM   #36
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.29.09 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangle's Coliseum

I finally get to post my follow up on this show.
This was my second time seeing Tool and i must say...i was not disappointed.
They have lost the mystery and darkness since the old days, but i felt really at home with the band last night. For the first time everyone on stage seemed to be having fun.

Maynard...what ever ppl keep bitching about I'm not sure. I feel like Maynard is finally done trying to be dark and trying to be a frontman. After a while you want to show the crowd who you really are. He is just chill. He's not there to impress anyone. So please everyone quit dictating how the show went down based on maynards level of activity on stage. I mean the guy is in his mid to late 40's. He cantt sing like he used to. And all you dumbasses complaining that he is singing like he used to....I dont see anyone else trying. His vocals and singign style is very unique and probably very hard for someone his age to do. So stop comparing him to other musicians his age.

Adam...this guy has really been surprising me lately. I have never heard him be so free with his sound. He seems to be really expanding and at a very fast rate. Its quite lovely actually. Adam was rather.....animated. He seemed like he was having a great time. I cant wait to hear what he has for the next album. Im also looking forward to more of his artwork.

Justin...Always animated. Played so well. I was in an area in the pit that the bass was heavy. One of my friends (who is a wonderful bass player) was with me and enjoyed that feeling everytime Justin pulled a string.

Danny...of all the members of the band I would love to actually sit down and talk to it would be Danny. He is Danny and thats all there is to it. Fucking inincredible drummer and artist. How much he has contributed to the band.

Audience...Most of you belong in A.A. I can understand getting smashed at a show. Espessially a Tool show. WTF is wrong with you ppl. Please keep you shirts on. Quit having sex in public. I will most likely never see another Tool show in NC. I was very Let down by my home state.

Venue...I loved how small the venue was. There wasnt a bad seat in the House. Sold out. Security was none-existent. The sound was a bit distorted though.

Lights...HOLY FUCKING SHIT

If anyone ever gets the opportunity to see these guys please do so. It definately an experience.
Peace out.
OFFLINE |