View Single Post
I.H.P.
07-30-2009, 07:04 AM

3rd Tool show...1st since 2002 Lateralus, so setlist and visuals were all new to me.

Thought it was a great show. Sat in section 116 which was a straight view to the stage.

Seems to me the first four songs were in place to to get your adrenaline flowing, in the event it wasn't already. Lost Keys started a complete mind fuck for the next 75 minutes! Then again maybe it was the weed, considering I couldn't fire up because of the late arrivals and the security guard assisting others to their seats. I got my mind right during Schism and from there it was nothing short of mesmerizing. It's hard to select one moment that was the highlight of the show.

Now the negatives...Charlotte Coliseum, Cricket Arena, Independence Arena, Bojangles Arena...whatever the name of the venue may be for the calender year. This place sucks. Its old, the acoustics are bad and the traffic congestion, just to get in and out, is unreal. Seriously, why is this building still standing? It's great for nostalgic reasons as I have seen many events there throughout my 36 years but I seriuosly doubt I will watch another show at this venue. Then again I said the same thing after seeing APC there five years ago.

Overall the show was worth my $60. Not as good as 2002, but then again nothing will ever touch the Lateralus tour.

Wish I was young again and could travel from show to show but it's back to the real world for me. School starts in a few weeks and I got a new group of Astronomy students to teach.

Thanks TOOL!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:04 AM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.29.09 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangle's Coliseum

3rd Tool show...1st since 2002 Lateralus, so setlist and visuals were all new to me.

Thought it was a great show. Sat in section 116 which was a straight view to the stage.

Seems to me the first four songs were in place to to get your adrenaline flowing, in the event it wasn't already. Lost Keys started a complete mind fuck for the next 75 minutes! Then again maybe it was the weed, considering I couldn't fire up because of the late arrivals and the security guard assisting others to their seats. I got my mind right during Schism and from there it was nothing short of mesmerizing. It's hard to select one moment that was the highlight of the show.

Now the negatives...Charlotte Coliseum, Cricket Arena, Independence Arena, Bojangles Arena...whatever the name of the venue may be for the calender year. This place sucks. Its old, the acoustics are bad and the traffic congestion, just to get in and out, is unreal. Seriously, why is this building still standing? It's great for nostalgic reasons as I have seen many events there throughout my 36 years but I seriuosly doubt I will watch another show at this venue. Then again I said the same thing after seeing APC there five years ago.

Overall the show was worth my $60. Not as good as 2002, but then again nothing will ever touch the Lateralus tour.

Wish I was young again and could travel from show to show but it's back to the real world for me. School starts in a few weeks and I got a new group of Astronomy students to teach.

Thanks TOOL!