View Single Post
kanaduh
07-30-2009, 06:02 AM

in a rush to get on the road for fairfax so i'm sorry if anything is repeated from previous reviews:

-I hope other people can back me up on this, I was fucking pissed last night! After Flood in the brief improvization before Aenema, Adam walked over and said something to both danny and justin. I was waiting for aenema to start, but then danny started playing the first few seconds of...eulogy! I swear to god I heard it. Then 5 seconds later, adam started playing the guitar parts to eulogy as well. It was only for a few seconds, but i'm 100% sure I heard that. My heart stopped for a good 10 seconds in excitement.

Alas, those opening notes of Aenema were quite disapointing.

Next I have to mention this venue... "Bojangles Coliseum"
I've never seen a venue like this before!
Security did not exist, seriously. "jwb" and I walked from our hotel through the back entrance of the venue before the show and managed to get into a restricted area. We talked with the video tech for tool for a bit and got approached by event staff asking how the hell we got back in the tour bus area. There was nothing blocking it off...

After throwing back some beers at the hotel, we walked back around 7:30 after the doors opened and once again walked through this back entrance. There was one significantly overweight security guard sitting on her chair who saw jwb and I hop the barrier, but she didn't do anything - not that she was really capable of doing anything. We wander into this tented area where they are selling beer and "bojangles chicken".

Turns out we somehow already got into the ticket area without showing our ticket. We were able to walk right into the venue without beign searched or getting tickets scanned. It was hilarious - The security made absolutely no sense. There was one entrance from the tented area with 6 guards using those special wands for finding metal on people entering - yet right beside that door there was another door that was wide open with free access in/out of the venue. We just walked right in...

Pretty standard show for tool. Maynard didn't say much and faced the back for 90% of the show. Danny is a monster. Justin was drunk. Adam was typical adam. Visuals were incredible. I'm still ticked about that euology tease though.

Spent a good 15 minutes chatting with Junior before the show... thanks again.

On the way out of the venue we saw Ashton of Tweak Bird sitting on the steps having a smoke. Hundreds of people walked by and didn't recognize him. We talked for about 10 minutes. He's an awesome guy. Every day of this tour I'm gaining more and more respect for Tweak Bird.

that's all for now, gotta hit the road for fairfax...
Old 07-30-2009, 06:02 AM   #21
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
Re: 07.29.09 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangle's Coliseum

in a rush to get on the road for fairfax so i'm sorry if anything is repeated from previous reviews:

-I hope other people can back me up on this, I was fucking pissed last night! After Flood in the brief improvization before Aenema, Adam walked over and said something to both danny and justin. I was waiting for aenema to start, but then danny started playing the first few seconds of...eulogy! I swear to god I heard it. Then 5 seconds later, adam started playing the guitar parts to eulogy as well. It was only for a few seconds, but i'm 100% sure I heard that. My heart stopped for a good 10 seconds in excitement.

Alas, those opening notes of Aenema were quite disapointing.

Next I have to mention this venue... "Bojangles Coliseum"
I've never seen a venue like this before!
Security did not exist, seriously. "jwb" and I walked from our hotel through the back entrance of the venue before the show and managed to get into a restricted area. We talked with the video tech for tool for a bit and got approached by event staff asking how the hell we got back in the tour bus area. There was nothing blocking it off...

After throwing back some beers at the hotel, we walked back around 7:30 after the doors opened and once again walked through this back entrance. There was one significantly overweight security guard sitting on her chair who saw jwb and I hop the barrier, but she didn't do anything - not that she was really capable of doing anything. We wander into this tented area where they are selling beer and "bojangles chicken".

Turns out we somehow already got into the ticket area without showing our ticket. We were able to walk right into the venue without beign searched or getting tickets scanned. It was hilarious - The security made absolutely no sense. There was one entrance from the tented area with 6 guards using those special wands for finding metal on people entering - yet right beside that door there was another door that was wide open with free access in/out of the venue. We just walked right in...

Pretty standard show for tool. Maynard didn't say much and faced the back for 90% of the show. Danny is a monster. Justin was drunk. Adam was typical adam. Visuals were incredible. I'm still ticked about that euology tease though.

Spent a good 15 minutes chatting with Junior before the show... thanks again.

On the way out of the venue we saw Ashton of Tweak Bird sitting on the steps having a smoke. Hundreds of people walked by and didn't recognize him. We talked for about 10 minutes. He's an awesome guy. Every day of this tour I'm gaining more and more respect for Tweak Bird.

that's all for now, gotta hit the road for fairfax...
OFFLINE |