View Single Post
l David l
07-30-2009, 05:50 AM

Second show this tour, first being Duluth, which I did not review because I thought it was medicore for a Tool concert and didnt want to add to all the negative reviews. 4th time overall, last two being on the previous tour.

First off, way the fuck better than Duluth. I had section 118 which was just before mid way back and half way up at Duluth, view wasnt that great. I heard how much better it is to get seats so you can see everything.

Well I had floor tix for this concert. I loved being able to work my way closer and closer to the band and actually seeing the expressions on their faces.

Sound was 10000 times better than Duluth. It was louuuud which I prefer, and could actually hear Maynard trying to sing this time.

I missed Jambi cus fucking traffic was rediculous and not to mention you had to pay to park, so if you were about the 5th car in line before paying, it still took 5 minutes to get up there. That shit slowed the traffic down big time.

Highlights for me were Flood and Aenema. Also the extended sections from Stinkfist and Schism, love those so much. I think they need to work on the drum off/solo section in Lateralus. Its cool and everything and I love watching Danny wail away on the drums, but I think he coulda done a better job. Like last tour was a bit better on that part.

You guys complain a lot about the crowd. Its a rock concert in the south. Youre gonna see a lot of idiots. Just ignore them unless they are elbowing you in the face or something. I was fine on the floor, packed in there.

Very nice to be up so close to the band. During lateralus and a few other songs, you could see Danny smiling just having a blast, same with Justin. Adam was getting into it too, which he's usually a little more reserved. Maynard was Maynard, no surprise there but didnt ruin anything for me. It was expected. He did move around and dance back there in the shadows though.

OMG about the line for the bathrooms. Obviously no line for womens cus the crowd was 90% male, but seriously. I left right before Lost Keys to take a piss, got to the line for the bathroom in 20 seconds. Ended up missing the beginning of Rosetta. The bathroom was a line of about 6 or 8 stalls, and you had to wait in a small little hallway next to a bunch of big sweaty dudes. The girl I was with was waiting outside and got hit on by like every guy there, so she just told them shes waiting for her boyfriend and some guy made a smart comment right when I walked out. Kinda funny but glad it didnt turn into anything bad.

Over all the band as a 3/4 was tight as hell. Very energetic, smiling, having a good time. They were really appreciative after Vicarious before they got off the stage. I came within 50 ft of catching Dannys frisbee (not sure what its called?). When he threw one of his sticks to the crowd, he chucked it hard as hell and it hit off something on the cealing and bounced back to the stage, he laughed.

hmm, thats about it from me. Still think its funny how most of the crowd starts singing "Ill keep digging" before the extended part in Stinkfist, and they get all the way to "feel something" before they realize its different.

Hope they do one more album and one more tour.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:50 AM   #20
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6
Re: 07.29.09 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangle's Coliseum

Second show this tour, first being Duluth, which I did not review because I thought it was medicore for a Tool concert and didnt want to add to all the negative reviews. 4th time overall, last two being on the previous tour.

First off, way the fuck better than Duluth. I had section 118 which was just before mid way back and half way up at Duluth, view wasnt that great. I heard how much better it is to get seats so you can see everything.

Well I had floor tix for this concert. I loved being able to work my way closer and closer to the band and actually seeing the expressions on their faces.

Sound was 10000 times better than Duluth. It was louuuud which I prefer, and could actually hear Maynard trying to sing this time.

I missed Jambi cus fucking traffic was rediculous and not to mention you had to pay to park, so if you were about the 5th car in line before paying, it still took 5 minutes to get up there. That shit slowed the traffic down big time.

Highlights for me were Flood and Aenema. Also the extended sections from Stinkfist and Schism, love those so much. I think they need to work on the drum off/solo section in Lateralus. Its cool and everything and I love watching Danny wail away on the drums, but I think he coulda done a better job. Like last tour was a bit better on that part.

You guys complain a lot about the crowd. Its a rock concert in the south. Youre gonna see a lot of idiots. Just ignore them unless they are elbowing you in the face or something. I was fine on the floor, packed in there.

Very nice to be up so close to the band. During lateralus and a few other songs, you could see Danny smiling just having a blast, same with Justin. Adam was getting into it too, which he's usually a little more reserved. Maynard was Maynard, no surprise there but didnt ruin anything for me. It was expected. He did move around and dance back there in the shadows though.

OMG about the line for the bathrooms. Obviously no line for womens cus the crowd was 90% male, but seriously. I left right before Lost Keys to take a piss, got to the line for the bathroom in 20 seconds. Ended up missing the beginning of Rosetta. The bathroom was a line of about 6 or 8 stalls, and you had to wait in a small little hallway next to a bunch of big sweaty dudes. The girl I was with was waiting outside and got hit on by like every guy there, so she just told them shes waiting for her boyfriend and some guy made a smart comment right when I walked out. Kinda funny but glad it didnt turn into anything bad.

Over all the band as a 3/4 was tight as hell. Very energetic, smiling, having a good time. They were really appreciative after Vicarious before they got off the stage. I came within 50 ft of catching Dannys frisbee (not sure what its called?). When he threw one of his sticks to the crowd, he chucked it hard as hell and it hit off something on the cealing and bounced back to the stage, he laughed.

hmm, thats about it from me. Still think its funny how most of the crowd starts singing "Ill keep digging" before the extended part in Stinkfist, and they get all the way to "feel something" before they realize its different.

Hope they do one more album and one more tour.
OFFLINE |