View Single Post
Freshspence
07-29-2009, 07:50 PM

well what a difference 2 days, 3 beers, and 1 new perspective does for a show. going into tonight, after ATL, and knowing the setlist, i was going to enjoy the show for what it is (and not what i wanted it to be). and it worked. tonight was solid. instead of fighting the floor crowd and trying to get up close, i just grabbed a spot at the soundboard and chilled. had a beer, waited to tweak to sing like girls about spaceships, headed out for a piss break, grabbed two final beers and headed back in for the main show. standing at the front right corner of the sound board, i had a great view of the entire stage, and hoped i was in quasi-optimal sound position. im sure its just me (since my opinions and preferences seem to buck the trend of this "Opinion" forum") but i like being farther away. tonight i could actually see the new and different visuals everyone has been talking about, and taking into account i wasnt waiting to hear something that wasnt coming, i just enjoyed the show for what it was. and i liked it. much better than ATL. props to everyone who made it happen. i may post more tomorrow, but for now i am done. im honestly very glad tonight redeemed monday night. i was in a pissy mood all day knowing all i was going to hear was the same songs/order ive heard since 2006. but late in the day, i got a new perspective, i changed my expectations, grabbed a new spot on the floor, and rocked the hell out of a killer show. my previously blown faith in tool has been restored. now if i could just get my wife to blow some faith into my tool...
Old 07-29-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.29.09 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangle's Coliseum

well what a difference 2 days, 3 beers, and 1 new perspective does for a show. going into tonight, after ATL, and knowing the setlist, i was going to enjoy the show for what it is (and not what i wanted it to be). and it worked. tonight was solid. instead of fighting the floor crowd and trying to get up close, i just grabbed a spot at the soundboard and chilled. had a beer, waited to tweak to sing like girls about spaceships, headed out for a piss break, grabbed two final beers and headed back in for the main show. standing at the front right corner of the sound board, i had a great view of the entire stage, and hoped i was in quasi-optimal sound position. im sure its just me (since my opinions and preferences seem to buck the trend of this "Opinion" forum") but i like being farther away. tonight i could actually see the new and different visuals everyone has been talking about, and taking into account i wasnt waiting to hear something that wasnt coming, i just enjoyed the show for what it was. and i liked it. much better than ATL. props to everyone who made it happen. i may post more tomorrow, but for now i am done. im honestly very glad tonight redeemed monday night. i was in a pissy mood all day knowing all i was going to hear was the same songs/order ive heard since 2006. but late in the day, i got a new perspective, i changed my expectations, grabbed a new spot on the floor, and rocked the hell out of a killer show. my previously blown faith in tool has been restored. now if i could just get my wife to blow some faith into my tool...
OFFLINE |