View Single Post
fazebesnappin's Avatar fazebesnappin
07-28-2009, 12:16 AM

Fantastic show, as always with Tool. I did notice that Maynard's vocals were not loud and clear but that shit doesn't even matter when you're screaming all the lyrics to the top of your lungs. Flood was special for me because I've been to 3 other shows and this was my first time hearing it live. Tweak Bird was pretty damn good for a band of two guys (with the exception of the flutist who came out every now and then). I don't know if anyone noticed that Justin drank TWO beers with one hand while playing bass, then when one bottle was empty he sat it down and continued drinking the other one for a little bit...whole time NEVER missing a note on his bass. I know ya'll saw him drinking the beer but no one has yet to mention the two beers in one hand that he started out with. Danny really seemed to enjoy his duo with Twink Bird's drummer. When it was over he smiled at the dude and gave him the "sign of the horns" (you fuckin rock) hand gesture. Adam sat and watched them play the drum duo as if he was amazed as well. The crowd was typical for Georgia. You had quite a few people there who just came for live music and alcohol (not really Tool fans). This one dude next to me didn't know shit except for the songs often played on Project 96.1 (local radio station). I met one pretty cool country ass dude in cowboy boots. He seemed out of place there but was nice nonetheless. Needless to say, I had a fuckin BLAST and I'm pretty sad now that it's over because it may be many years before they tour again :( "Everyone take care of each other!" -MJK
Old 07-28-2009, 12:16 AM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

Fantastic show, as always with Tool. I did notice that Maynard's vocals were not loud and clear but that shit doesn't even matter when you're screaming all the lyrics to the top of your lungs. Flood was special for me because I've been to 3 other shows and this was my first time hearing it live. Tweak Bird was pretty damn good for a band of two guys (with the exception of the flutist who came out every now and then). I don't know if anyone noticed that Justin drank TWO beers with one hand while playing bass, then when one bottle was empty he sat it down and continued drinking the other one for a little bit...whole time NEVER missing a note on his bass. I know ya'll saw him drinking the beer but no one has yet to mention the two beers in one hand that he started out with. Danny really seemed to enjoy his duo with Twink Bird's drummer. When it was over he smiled at the dude and gave him the "sign of the horns" (you fuckin rock) hand gesture. Adam sat and watched them play the drum duo as if he was amazed as well. The crowd was typical for Georgia. You had quite a few people there who just came for live music and alcohol (not really Tool fans). This one dude next to me didn't know shit except for the songs often played on Project 96.1 (local radio station). I met one pretty cool country ass dude in cowboy boots. He seemed out of place there but was nice nonetheless. Needless to say, I had a fuckin BLAST and I'm pretty sad now that it's over because it may be many years before they tour again :( "Everyone take care of each other!" -MJK