View Single Post
1and1are1eleven
02-04-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti501 View Post
Also, did anybody else notice Danny counted off Stinkfist, like, twice as fast as normal, and he and the guys corrected the tempo in like two beats? I didn't notice that live, but you can clearly see/hear it on some of the YouTube boots. Not a criticism, jut an observation that Danny is, indeed, human, but still an absolute beast of a musician. I've only seen then three times, but IMO Danny put everything he had into that night's performance. What a powerhouse, but I ramble...
I think Danny accidentally started playing Parabola, as they are both written in E. I remember thinking, Stinkfist starts out with feedback in E, Parabola could theoretically do the same, so which will it be? I suppose Danny got mixed up. I could see him laughing, and Justin looking down and giggling.

Incidentally, the funny looking 3 made another appearance a week later. I went to Dan's guitars in Honolulu the next day and they seemed to think that Maynard was trying to tell Kirk to play in the right key, which, thinking back, I believed at the time because Kirk sounded a bit off.
However I saw them again a week later at the Big Day Out Festival in Sydney, this was their setlist:

Third Eye
Jambi
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
Lateralus
Aenima
The Pot

So, only a few changes. But Maynard held up that same sign in the middle of Lateralus shortly after Orion! I suspect he did the same in all their shows, so now I have no idea what it means.

Last edited by 1and1are1eleven; 02-04-2011 at 08:54 PM..
Old 02-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2011/01/14 - Honolulu, HI - Blaisdell Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti501 View Post
Also, did anybody else notice Danny counted off Stinkfist, like, twice as fast as normal, and he and the guys corrected the tempo in like two beats? I didn't notice that live, but you can clearly see/hear it on some of the YouTube boots. Not a criticism, jut an observation that Danny is, indeed, human, but still an absolute beast of a musician. I've only seen then three times, but IMO Danny put everything he had into that night's performance. What a powerhouse, but I ramble...
I think Danny accidentally started playing Parabola, as they are both written in E. I remember thinking, Stinkfist starts out with feedback in E, Parabola could theoretically do the same, so which will it be? I suppose Danny got mixed up. I could see him laughing, and Justin looking down and giggling.

Incidentally, the funny looking 3 made another appearance a week later. I went to Dan's guitars in Honolulu the next day and they seemed to think that Maynard was trying to tell Kirk to play in the right key, which, thinking back, I believed at the time because Kirk sounded a bit off.
However I saw them again a week later at the Big Day Out Festival in Sydney, this was their setlist:

Third Eye
Jambi
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
Lateralus
Aenima
The Pot

So, only a few changes. But Maynard held up that same sign in the middle of Lateralus shortly after Orion! I suspect he did the same in all their shows, so now I have no idea what it means.

Last edited by 1and1are1eleven; 02-04-2011 at 08:54 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote