View Single Post
Furia
01-29-2011, 01:47 AM

This was my 5th show, and by far the best of the lot. I saw them the previous evening at the BDO and the sound was so much better at the side show. I loved the stage setup with the screens behind the band. Looked fantastic from where I was. Sound was incredible and I loved the setlist. I wouldn't have changed a thing. Sure i'd have loved to have heard some Undertow or Opiate stuff, but it was a great setlist and seemed to flow well. I would have liked Maynard to actually talk to the crowd, but having been to a few Tool shows now, I know that that just doesnt really happen.

I quite liked the support band (Jakob) as well, I only got there in time to see the last 2 songs of their set, but really enjoyed it. Enough that I bought one of their albums from Itunes. Really kicking myself for not getting there eariler.

Anyway great show, and wish I was going to Melbourne to see them again. Hopefully it doesnt take another 7-8 years to get another proper Tool concert in Brisbane.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:47 AM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.24.11 - Brisbane @ Entertainment Center

This was my 5th show, and by far the best of the lot. I saw them the previous evening at the BDO and the sound was so much better at the side show. I loved the stage setup with the screens behind the band. Looked fantastic from where I was. Sound was incredible and I loved the setlist. I wouldn't have changed a thing. Sure i'd have loved to have heard some Undertow or Opiate stuff, but it was a great setlist and seemed to flow well. I would have liked Maynard to actually talk to the crowd, but having been to a few Tool shows now, I know that that just doesnt really happen.

I quite liked the support band (Jakob) as well, I only got there in time to see the last 2 songs of their set, but really enjoyed it. Enough that I bought one of their albums from Itunes. Really kicking myself for not getting there eariler.

Anyway great show, and wish I was going to Melbourne to see them again. Hopefully it doesnt take another 7-8 years to get another proper Tool concert in Brisbane.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote