View Single Post
Anti501
01-21-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
At 4th row, it was a '3'.
I defer to your proximity. I wasn't as close, and things were a bit "fuzzy" from my perspective. I'd have to agree w/Maynard's assessment of the performance. IMO the song was just off with Kirk there; he's a really good player, but he seemed a bit lost. Understandable. Here comes the bashing from Metallica fans, I suspect.

Also, did anybody else notice Danny counted off Stinkfist, like, twice as fast as normal, and he and the guys corrected the tempo in like two beats? I didn't notice that live, but you can clearly see/hear it on some of the YouTube boots. Not a criticism, jut an observation that Danny is, indeed, human, but still an absolute beast of a musician. I've only seen then three times, but IMO Danny put everything he had into that night's performance. What a powerhouse, but I ramble...
Old 01-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2011/01/14 - Honolulu, HI - Blaisdell Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
At 4th row, it was a '3'.
I defer to your proximity. I wasn't as close, and things were a bit "fuzzy" from my perspective. I'd have to agree w/Maynard's assessment of the performance. IMO the song was just off with Kirk there; he's a really good player, but he seemed a bit lost. Understandable. Here comes the bashing from Metallica fans, I suspect.

Also, did anybody else notice Danny counted off Stinkfist, like, twice as fast as normal, and he and the guys corrected the tempo in like two beats? I didn't notice that live, but you can clearly see/hear it on some of the YouTube boots. Not a criticism, jut an observation that Danny is, indeed, human, but still an absolute beast of a musician. I've only seen then three times, but IMO Danny put everything he had into that night's performance. What a powerhouse, but I ramble...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote